1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock leaf spring question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mooddog280Z, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jul 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    mooddog280Z

mooddog280Z [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Southeast Kansas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport 6 Speed
    Dipped Badges
    Hi there everyone. This is my first post, but long time reader of the site. I couldn't really find the exact answer I was looking for through extensive research throughout this and other forums, so I decided I needed to join up and ask yall.

My question is this, well I actually have several but the most important one is how to know if my non TSB rear leaves are wore out. They are basically straight, but on the drivers side with a full tank of fuel and nothing in the bed I am looking at a slightly reverse curve.

[​IMG]

I hope this picture is good enough. It is tough to get a straight down the leaf shot with both shackles in for reference. Thank for any help and sorry it is such a long post.

2. Jul 15, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    mike92y

mike92y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD
    OME all around. SPC UCA. This and that.
    Leafs are sucking wind. Need to know if you have a lift. guessing not with that leaf pack. Look at wheelers offroad for stock height leaf packs. I say this because the leaf pack you currently have needs to be recycled. And it looks like a Off Road not a Sport with no TSB. Oh and I hate Kansas. I from Iowa. I hate Iowa to.

3. Jul 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    mooddog280Z

Member:
    Southeast Kansas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport 6 Speed
    Dipped Badges
    The truck is bone stock from what I can tell no lift on front or back, the sticker on side says Sport and I have the LSD. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking with the leaf springs being worn out.

I have been hearing good things about dakars on here and was wondering about those and 5100s up front, just was wondering how much lift I would be adding to the truck in the back end if these have already sagged and then I put on the 2.75" that the dakar would bring me.

What do yall think dakars and 5100s up front and hope for not too much rake?

P.S. and Kansas does suck...the land where you can watch your dog run away from home for three days

4. Jul 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Your truck could be a Sport if SB and a skewp. Several guys do the 5100's and Dakars or AAL. Just left Kansas enroute to vacation. Not sure I'd want to live there, but nice area with good people on our travels. Bugs covered the truck LOL.

5. Jul 16, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    I don't see trd shocks. Doesn't mean much though, could have been replaced. You should pull the vin up on toyota to see what the truck came with from the factory.

6. Jul 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    mooddog280Z

Member:
    Southeast Kansas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport 6 Speed
    Dipped Badges
    You're not joking about the bugs lol. Grasshoppers in particular hate riding my motorcycle with them buggers all over the road.

Any thoughts on whether or not an aal will work, or are my leaf springs too far gone for that, and I just need to replace the whole spring pack with dakars. I'm thinking that an aal will help but not for long so I'm probably better off spending the extra money and doing new spring packs all together.

7. Jul 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    sounds like you know what too do.

Products Discussed in

To Top