Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need opinion and expertise

Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Need opinion and expertise

Ok, I have this drive line clunk as i let my foot off the brakes at a dead stop. I have posted numerous threads on it. Alot of you guys have said it is from axle wrap. I am about to order the OME Dakar springs. Even if that does not fix the clunk I still want them to match my Icons and TC UCAs up front. Anyways, researching, Ihave found a lot of people with the same clunk as you let your foot off the breaks at a dead stop. There are a lot of threads over at yotatech and tundranation that talk about a sticking slip joint or slip yoke. Some people are droping their drive lines, pulling out there slip joint and greasing up the splines. Others are machine polishing their splines, saying there are rough spots from the factory causing the sticking and eventual clunk. What do you more knowledgeable guys think? Is it hard to drop your drive line and pull out the slip joint to grease? Any, and I mean any help is needed! This clunk is driving me nuts!!! Thanks! Ken.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.