1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf pack replacement - Stock 2008 TRD dble cab

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by benmtl, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Aug 15, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    benmtl

benmtl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Sherbrooke, Qc
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD
    Hi all.

I need to replace the leaf packs on my 2008 Taco (TRD Sport, double cab, long bed, everything is stock as far as I know).
    The problem right now is I have 2 broken leaf on one side (I have 4 per side total) and the local spring shop charges me more than 500$ just to replace the broken leaves ! So for that price I'm thinking I'm better of going with brand new packs on both sides, especially since my truck is far from new so If I just "fix" what I have right now I can expect the older leaves that would be reused to break at some point...

So here's my question :

- What replacement leaf pack can I get for my truck (which is stock, no lift as far as I know) ?
    - I've seen the SkyJacker leaf packs which are in my price range but it says it adds 1.5 to 2in of lift... If I have to go that way (don't want to go 3in for sure), what will I have to change on the truck : rear shocks ? anything else ?... Since the truck would now sit higher in the rear, what are my (cheap) options to lift the front end to match ? will I need new shocks there too or other hardware ?

My first choice would be to just find a good replacement leaf pack (stock height) but if a 1.5 - 2in lift comes without a much bigger price tag I guess I can live with it.
    Is there any way I can measure the height of the truck as it is right now to be sure it's not already lifted ? (bought the truck used last summer).

Thanks a lot for any help !
    Trust me I've searched a lot on forums and auto-parts store but couldn't get a good answer that's why I'm posting.. (French is my first language so maybe that's why I couldn't find the info more easily by myself)

Ben

Products Discussed in

To Top