1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help. Alignment nightmare.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MSrebel, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Aug 16, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    MSrebel

MSrebel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MS
    Vehicle:
    13 4X4 SR5
    Bil 5100, 1" Rear Block, Front light bar, Bed mounted light bar, Headwaters Seat covers front and rear, KC lights
    I have a 2013 DCSB with 5100s @ 1.75 and 1" rear block. Had 265/70/16 BFG KOs with 15K and no abnormal tire wear. Had 265/75/16 Cooper ST Maxx installed 2 weeks ago and tech said I needed alignment. I agreed. Big mistake. Like driving on ice. Did my research here and decided it was caster 1.4 and total toe .14. Took it back 250 mile round trip. Still handled badly. Caster was still 1.4 and 1.9. Total toe was .13. Took it for 3rd time yesterday. Another 250 mile trip. I told them get toe close to 0 and caster above 2.0. Didn't care about camber because driving is miserable. Tire wear is irrelevant at this point. The got caster 2.0 and 2.2 but toe is .13. Steers better but still squirrelly. Any chance another alignment would fix this or is it the tires? If it's the tires I will just have to eat the $1000 and replace them. Any help would be much appreciated.

image.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top