1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100s front set at 1.75...1 inch rear block or 1.5" AAL?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoTakeover, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Sep 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    TacoTakeover

TacoTakeover [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2103 TRD Sport and it has the TSB spring pack I'm assuming since I looked and there is 4 total (3 plus 1 overload). I just ordered front 5100s and would like to set them at 1.75, but from everything I've researched it seem as though it still may be just a shade nose high (which I hate the look of), but I would love to get just that extra little bit of lift from the 0.85 setting to the 1.75 setting. To compensate I was thinking about putting a 1" rear block or AAL. Since I'm not too mechanically inclined lol, my questions are:

1) Do they make a 1" AAL or are they all 1.5" (I thought all the AALs were about 1.5" of lift, but I may be wrong)? I'm thinking 1.5" would be a little higher in the back than I would want, so that's why I'm leaning to the 1".

2) Is there any big advantage over the AAL as opposed to a 1" rear block especially in long term benefits? (I was always told and read that just a 1" block would be fine with no major concerns)

3) How much extra work is it to put AALs on the rear as opposed to blocks?

4) What are my options of brands to chose from? Like Readylift, Icon, etc?

2. Sep 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    Yotamac

Yotamac Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Ze
    562- Cerritos, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Stuff, stuff and more stuff
    I had my 5100 set to 1.75 and the 1.5" AAL .. it looked pretty straight.
    You'll get anywhere from 1-1.5" of lift. You wont really notice the 1/2" difference.
    With the AAL you are getting a little performance from it, some say its too stiff, I had no TSB spring and was bottoming out on every little bump until I added the AAL.
    The block does nothing but lift the truck. The rear blocks are pretty simple to install while the AAL takes a little bit more work.
    Icon offers a AAL but it comes with a progressive 3 leaf pack.
    Generally, all the single leaf AAL's will have the same typical results

3. Sep 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    TacoTakeover

TacoTakeover [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you think it's worth the extra money and time to do the single AAL rather than just a 1" rear block. How much better do you think the ride would be if any at all? Keep in mind I already have the TSB 4 leaf pack (3 plus 1 overload).

Products Discussed in

To Top