Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

attention all with 6" procomp lift

Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
attention all with 6" procomp lift

has any of u put it in yourself? if so how hard was it. i mechanically inclined guy just never put a suspension lift in before. my last 2 trucks i had it installed. trying to save money this time by doing it myself. thanks

joe
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
anyone install there 6" procomp on 05+

getting a new taco. looking at the 6" procomp lift and would like to intsall it myself. anyone here done this and what did u think was it worth it?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
You may want to look here for some more info...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...07-tacoma.html
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
avanasch is on a distinguished road
avanasch's Tacoma Gallery
Diy Lift

I have personally lifted multiple vehicles and I find it very simple. I have a T-100 (6" suspension + 3" body), 1998 tacoma (6" suspension + 3" body), 4-Runner (3" suspension), Tahoe (4" suspension), and now I am about to do my new 2007 Taco (probably 6" susp.).

However, I have welders, plasma torch, anything and everything.

Couple of tips: Be prepared to extend power steering lines and brake lines. Should do this before you attempt the lift. Secondly, have some spring compressors (you can rent them from any tool rental shop). Definitely have a sawzall or plasma torch if you are doing a six inch lift.

Feel free to PM me for any specific questions.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by avanasch View Post
I have personally lifted multiple vehicles and I find it very simple. I have a T-100 (6" suspension + 3" body), 1998 tacoma (6" suspension + 3" body), 4-Runner (3" suspension), Tahoe (4" suspension), and now I am about to do my new 2007 Taco (probably 6" susp.).

Couple of tips: Be prepared to extend power steering lines and brake lines. Should do this before you attempt the lift. Secondly, have some spring compressors (you can rent them from any tool rental shop). Definitely have a sawzall or plasma torch if you are doing a six inch lift.

thanks for the tips. i think i will be fine i have worked on cars since i was a kid. i just know that lifts on some trucks are harder then others so i wanted to see what people thought of the difficulty level was on the new taco's. thanks again.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avanasch View Post

Do not waste your time with renting spring compressor from a auto parts store. They do not work, I had 2 sets ( 4 spring compressors) on mine and they still would not compress. A shop does not charge much and they have the right equipment to compress those springs. Might get it done for free if you let them do the alignment.