1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing Lifts (Currently 3" Spacers)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SeatownTaco, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Sep 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    SeatownTaco

SeatownTaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    District of Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '14 LB Sport
    3" lift, Grillcraft Grille, CB/PA, WeatherTech mats and deflectors, Plastidip hood, Stubby antenna, OEM roof rack, debadged.
    Guys,

I am currently running a 3" suspension lift on my '14 LB Sport, ran the same one on my '10 Offroad. Cheap as hell by Supreme Suspensions ($175): 3" billet spacers up front, skid plate spacers, diff drop spacers, and blocks in the rear, but it works (get what you pay for).

Had to do some trimming underneath to fit my 285/75s, but only experiencing rubbing on extreme turns up elevation.

With my other mods, the truck looks great - looks great, but rides like shit over bumps and the anticipation of rubbing when I taking a turn onto higher ground really sucks. Dumb of me to put cheap hardware on my truck. Ready to invest some real time and money.

I intend on switching up my front bumper for an aftermarket soon. Maybe AllPro if it will fit on my '14. Noting that this will increase my weight up-front by around 100-120lbs, I am in the market for a new suspension lift/kit all around. I am thinking 886 coils (for the increased bumper weight).

What else? Can I leave the rear blocks in, or is that a bad idea (leaf instead)? Ditch the front spacers, or will those fit with new shocks and coils. I can speculate, but I'm not an expert. Basically:

100% swap out my current spacer lift, or will some components fit into a new OME or Toytech lift? Still looking to maintain 3 inches. Hopefully this question is a little different than the usual 3" suspension thread.

Appreciate the help.

*Will post unrelated photos later [plastidipped my hood last month and looks great).

2. Sep 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Full OME kit with 886 coils and Dakar leaf pack.

Details:

- no top plate spacer in the front since you will be running 886 coils
    - new Upper Control Arms (UCA's); HIGHLY recommended since you want a full 3" lift.
    - no diff drop
    - extended brake lines (at least in the rear)
    - recommend All Pro's u bolt flip kit
    - new bumpstops; however, can reuse the old ones

Check out HeadStrong OffRoad

Products Discussed in

To Top