1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hockeyg0d9, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Sep 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    hockeyg0d9

hockeyg0d9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    15 Prerunner SR5 4X2 DC Levled
    Bilstein 5100 - 1.75 Leveled Fuel Trophy D551 18x9 Toyo Open Country AT2 LT275/65/18
    So this is my first post and I just bought a 2015 Double Cab 4x2 SR5 Tacoma in Magnetic Gray and have been researching on this forum for weeks now and I just want to make sure I have picked a good setup. I am just looking to level the front end of my grocery getter and put some bigger tires and wheels on it for looks really, just toting around mountain bikes and strollers. I have a hook up at my buddy's bike shop that is a fox bike suspension dealer and can get me a great deal on fox truck suspension too.

I am just curious if anyone has any experience and maybe some pics of your finished product using these Fox 2.0 Performance Coilovers in front at 2" or whatever is needed to level (maybe a little less?) and the Fox 2.0 Performance IFP rears 0" with stock leafs. I am curious if it will give me a better ride than stock also and if I should get some new UCA's to help with any possible highway speed movement, but hopefully those won't be needed from what I have researched. The tires I am going with are the Toyo Open Country AT2 LT275/65/18 (32.1" x 11") and the wheels are the Fuel Trophy D551 18"x9". I will remove the mud flaps too and hopefully won't need to do any other trimming.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sep 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    hockeyg0d9

hockeyg0d9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 - 1.75 Leveled Fuel Trophy D551 18x9 Toyo Open Country AT2 LT275/65/18
    and one other question. will this be better than Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" up front and stock rears? or even with 5100 rears too?

3. Sep 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Welcome!

This is the first truck i have ever owned also. I tried several different setups until I made the jump to Coilovers as well. Best decision I ever made. Ride quality increased ten fold, as well as handling, nosedive and other suspension based characteristics.

First things first. You own a truck which you intend to keep as a grocery getter, mountain bike, stroller hauler. You are very light duty in the sense of every aspect. The Fox 2.0 IFP's will more then exceed your expectations on ride quality and comfort increase. The valving on the coilovers vs. the stock shocks are drastically better. Your handling, nosedive and overall street manners should increase worlds over stock and you will enjoy them very much for the front. Get a UCA to retain better alignment Caster angles and to enjoy some added strength on turning. You have various choices on UCA's out there. A lot of people go with Total Chaos, I am going with Dirt King Uppers. You can't go wrong really.

As for the rear. Go with some Fox 2.0 Emulsion's. I personally have not ridden in a vehicle equipped with those but I'll tell you for sure that the handling and ride quality in the rear will drastically change as well. You could also get some 5100's as the ride improves ten fold over stock as well, but I recommend sticking with Fox on all 4 corner's because that series is made to work hand in hand with each other.

If you have any other questions feel more then free to let me know!

4. Sep 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    hockeyg0d9

hockeyg0d9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    cool. i think i will take your advice and get some new UCA's. i was looking at the camburg balljoint ones that resuse the OEM ball joint to save a little money over the uniball and i figure the OEM will require less maintenance than the uniball.

5. Sep 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Given the kind of driving you do, you will never use a uni-ball UCA to it's full abilities. The only thing is that your new UCA will not have the bling factor when you are looking at it. As far as everything else is concerned, because you will have the ball joint relocated on the new UCA, you will be able to obtain better alignment angles. Added strength will be a side benefit, not that you will ever need the additional strength of the new one, or ever use it to it's full potential, but that's not a bad thing!

Camburg makes some nice stuff.

6. Sep 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    Mully

Mully Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CA
    Vehicle:
    12 DC 4x4 Lifted Sport
    Lifted, Kings, Locked, 295s and more.
    Here is mine, lifted it both ends, with LR arms.
    Rides better than the stock crap.

IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg

7. May 30, 2015 at 6:46 PM
    ERICVOIGT

ERICVOIGT Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Stanhope, NJ