Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
hockeyg0d9 [OP] hockeyg0d9 is offline
Junior Member
hockeyg0d9 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2014, #137573
Location: Peoria, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
hockeyg0d9's Tacoma Gallery
Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request

So this is my first post and I just bought a 2015 Double Cab 4x2 SR5 Tacoma in Magnetic Gray and have been researching on this forum for weeks now and I just want to make sure I have picked a good setup. I am just looking to level the front end of my grocery getter and put some bigger tires and wheels on it for looks really, just toting around mountain bikes and strollers. I have a hook up at my buddy's bike shop that is a fox bike suspension dealer and can get me a great deal on fox truck suspension too.

I am just curious if anyone has any experience and maybe some pics of your finished product using these Fox 2.0 Performance Coilovers in front at 2" or whatever is needed to level (maybe a little less?) and the Fox 2.0 Performance IFP rears 0" with stock leafs. I am curious if it will give me a better ride than stock also and if I should get some new UCA's to help with any possible highway speed movement, but hopefully those won't be needed from what I have researched. The tires I am going with are the Toyo Open Country AT2 LT275/65/18 (32.1" x 11") and the wheels are the Fuel Trophy D551 18"x9". I will remove the mud flaps too and hopefully won't need to do any other trimming.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
hockeyg0d9 [OP] hockeyg0d9 is offline
Junior Member
hockeyg0d9 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2014, #137573
Location: Peoria, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
hockeyg0d9's Tacoma Gallery
and one other question. will this be better than Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" up front and stock rears? or even with 5100 rears too?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
12TRDTacoma's Avatar
Army: MP
Name: Roberto
Joined: Aug 2012, #85133
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,150
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyg0d9 View Post
So this is my first post and I just bought a 2015 Double Cab 4x2 SR5 Tacoma in Magnetic Gray and have been researching on this forum for weeks now and I just want to make sure I have picked a good setup. I am just looking to level the front end of my grocery getter and put some bigger tires and wheels on it for looks really, just toting around mountain bikes and strollers. I have a hook up at my buddy's bike shop that is a fox bike suspension dealer and can get me a great deal on fox truck suspension too.

I am just curious if anyone has any experience and maybe some pics of your finished product using these Fox 2.0 Performance Coilovers in front at 2" or whatever is needed to level (maybe a little less?) and the Fox 2.0 Performance IFP rears 0" with stock leafs. I am curious if it will give me a better ride than stock also and if I should get some new UCA's to help with any possible highway speed movement, but hopefully those won't be needed from what I have researched. The tires I am going with are the Toyo Open Country AT2 LT275/65/18 (32.1" x 11") and the wheels are the Fuel Trophy D551 18"x9". I will remove the mud flaps too and hopefully won't need to do any other trimming.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyg0d9 View Post
and one other question. will this be better than Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" up front and stock rears? or even with 5100 rears too?
Welcome!

This is the first truck i have ever owned also. I tried several different setups until I made the jump to Coilovers as well. Best decision I ever made. Ride quality increased ten fold, as well as handling, nosedive and other suspension based characteristics.

First things first. You own a truck which you intend to keep as a grocery getter, mountain bike, stroller hauler. You are very light duty in the sense of every aspect. The Fox 2.0 IFP's will more then exceed your expectations on ride quality and comfort increase. The valving on the coilovers vs. the stock shocks are drastically better. Your handling, nosedive and overall street manners should increase worlds over stock and you will enjoy them very much for the front. Get a UCA to retain better alignment Caster angles and to enjoy some added strength on turning. You have various choices on UCA's out there. A lot of people go with Total Chaos, I am going with Dirt King Uppers. You can't go wrong really.

As for the rear. Go with some Fox 2.0 Emulsion's. I personally have not ridden in a vehicle equipped with those but I'll tell you for sure that the handling and ride quality in the rear will drastically change as well. You could also get some 5100's as the ride improves ten fold over stock as well, but I recommend sticking with Fox on all 4 corner's because that series is made to work hand in hand with each other.

If you have any other questions feel more then free to let me know!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
hockeyg0d9 [OP] hockeyg0d9 is offline
Junior Member
hockeyg0d9 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Sep 2014, #137573
Location: Peoria, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
hockeyg0d9's Tacoma Gallery
cool. i think i will take your advice and get some new UCA's. i was looking at the camburg balljoint ones that resuse the OEM ball joint to save a little money over the uniball and i figure the OEM will require less maintenance than the uniball.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
12TRDTacoma's Avatar
Army: MP
Name: Roberto
Joined: Aug 2012, #85133
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,150
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyg0d9 View Post
cool. i think i will take your advice and get some new UCA's. i was looking at the camburg balljoint ones that resuse the OEM ball joint to save a little money over the uniball and i figure the OEM will require less maintenance than the uniball.
Given the kind of driving you do, you will never use a uni-ball UCA to it's full abilities. The only thing is that your new UCA will not have the bling factor when you are looking at it. As far as everything else is concerned, because you will have the ball joint relocated on the new UCA, you will be able to obtain better alignment angles. Added strength will be a side benefit, not that you will ever need the additional strength of the new one, or ever use it to it's full potential, but that's not a bad thing!

Camburg makes some nice stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
Member
Mully is on a distinguished road
 
Mully's Avatar
Name: Chris
Joined: Feb 2014, #122907
Location: CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 46
Mully's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine, lifted it both ends, with LR arms.
Rides better than the stock crap.
Attached Thumbnails
Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request-img_0053.jpg   Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request-img_0042.jpg   Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request-img_0049.jpg   Fox 2.0 Questions and Pic Request-img_0050.jpg  
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pic request BSP4x4 2nd Gen. Tacomas 14 01-20-2010 10:22 AM
Getting an 09 taco have some questions about price tires pic request capri_auto 2nd Gen. Tacomas 1 08-14-2009 05:04 PM
Pic Request InaKoma08 Wheels & Tires 6 06-10-2009 03:20 PM
PIC request cdmoore91 Suspension 0 04-28-2009 01:51 PM
Pic request BulletToothTony 2nd Gen. Tacomas 1 03-04-2009 04:29 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.