1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing Front Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Wiggins, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Sep 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    Wiggins

Wiggins [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Sport Hood, ICON 3" Lift - 700lb coils, Total Chaos UCAs 5% Tinted Windows Crystal Front Window Film 2.5 resi shocks front and rear, dakar leaf packs Wheelers Bump Stops All-Pro Offroad APEX Front Plate Bumper, PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad Skid Plates, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Rear Plate Bumper, Side Armor for Plate, Hidden Receiver Hitch, Black All-Pro Offroad APEX Sliders,Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Pack Rack, Black Line-X, 16" height ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/75/16 Vision Manx 16"x8" rims, 4.5" Backspacing Warn M8000-s Winch, Factor55 Flatlink, Factor55 1" Hawse Fairlead RIGID Industries Ditch Lights Tractor Supply Bed Box 260amp H.O. Alternator Big 3 Cable Replacement NorthStar AGM34 battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage Plefreybilt Fuse Plate BlueSea fuse block Kenwood TS-B2000 Short Wave Radio, Remote face, Pack Rack Mounted Antenna Uniden Bearcat CB Cab Mount Chop (BAMF Inserts) TODO: ARB Air System ARB Rear Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears ARB Front Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears HID Retrofit Headlights Rigid Industries RDS-Series 54" Midnight Edition LED Rigid Industries R2-46 Combo Round Light (x2)
    I currently have:

OME 887's with Nitrocharger Sport shocks in the front
    Total Chaos UCA's

Nitrocharger Sport shocks in the rear with a set of Dakar leafs in the back.

285x75x16 Hankook Dynapro ATM tires

All-Pro APEX Front bumper with single center light hoop (150lbs)
    All-Pro Front Skid Plate (55lbs)
    All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ wraparound corner armor and Hidden Hitch (159lbs)
    All-Pro APEX Plated Rock Sliders (140lbs)
    Warn 9.5xp Winch w/ Spydura Line (87lbs)

Total extra weight on the front: 292lbs
    Total Mid weight: 140lbs (these are more in the front than the back)
    Total extra weight on the back: 159lbs

With this setup, I feel like I'm approaching the limit of the front springs because I've got a front rake on the truck now. I am using this as an excuse to change my front coilover setup from OME to a mid travel setup using either King or Fox shocks. I do not want to go with a full Long Travel option and I do not want any spacers. I'm not building a mall crawler, here.

What King setup should I use, considering all of the extra armor weight?

What Fox setup should I use?

I am not partial to any brand right now, I just had the OME kit and it worked great until I started throwing all the armor weight on it.

I am looking to get 3" of lift so I sit level and don't rub. (I've already trimmed/pounded/Chopped for 33's on a 3")

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top