1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NewB suspension help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PPCtaco, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Sep 15, 2014 at 6:55 PM
    PPCtaco

PPCtaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    Golden, CO
    Vehicle:
    Taco Off Road
    So I recently got a 2014 4 door and the suspension kinda sucks. I have a Flip-pac on it that weighs 300 LBS and is has terrible Bed hop on cement hiways and bottoms out pretty easy.
    I am thinking about doing a 2" lift, new rear spring pack ($412.99/ea from Toytec) and some (17" rims TRD's or moto metal, XD... I can get deals on 'em) with the Wrangler Duratrac tire in a 285/70/17 ($about 249/ea). Any thoughts on tire size. I am mostly pavement with light off-road but need good snow traction for storm chasing

I have access to Fox suspension at 25% off MSRP so I will probably go with that. the performance line was recommended from Fox with external adjustable hs and ls compression.

Small wheel spacers as well. $99/set from Toytec

Does anyone have any input or suggestions. The lift will come from the shocks and springs, right? Is there any thing else I need? I am afraid to start pulling the trigger on stuff because I feel like I am a little over my head making sure I am getting the right stuff

many thanks

2. Sep 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM
    DPC08

DPC08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    Getting there...
    Coilovers and new leaf pack will give you lift. What leaf pack are you going with? 300lbs is a fair amount of weight and if the pack isn't designed to carry that much weight, you might end up nose high. Coilovers will give you better performance than a replacement like Bilsteins. You'll probably need new u bolts and might need a CB drop or shims depending on whether or not you get driveline vibes. New UCAs will be needed if you can't get your alignment right.

Products Discussed in

To Top