1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension leak issue

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by arasbm, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sep 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    arasbm

arasbm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aras
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5
    * firestone airbags on the rear suspention
    Hi Folks,
    I took my 2012 4WD for service recently. When I went to pick it up, they told me that everything looks good except that the front suspension on the driver side is leaking. I asked the guy what he meant by that, and his more elaborate explanation was that there is some liquid inside the suspension and I have somehow damaged the suspension probably by taking the truck on a rough road. He then said that in a few months I am going to have to replace the suspension with a new one.

I asked if there is something I can do to maintain and prolong the life of the suspension, but the informed gentleman insisted that there is nothing I can do but to replace it when it is time.

I was hoping someone here could explain to me a bit about what this problem is exactly, is it common issue with Tacoma? What are the symptoms, and is there really nothing I can do to make the suspension last longer?

I have Firestone airbags installed on the rear suspension. If I end up having to replace the front suspension, is there any setup that you would recommend that would perform well (much better than the OEM) on rough roads that I take occasionally to hit up those trout lakes around here.

Products Discussed in

To Top