Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

$1000 To "YOUR" Front End

View Poll Results: Someone's giving you a FRONT END package, who do you want?
Fab Tech 23 7.28%
Donahoe 39 12.34%
All Pro 31 9.81%
Camburg 39 12.34%
King 65 20.57%
Toyotec 54 17.09%
Bilstein 23 7.28%
Sway A Way 14 4.43%
Tuff Country 0 0%
Other brand- 28 8.86%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
$1000 To "YOUR" Front End

Lets say someone will buy you $1,000 bucks worth of front end suspension. I know I want Coil Overs SO bad! and some Uni Ball uca's but of what money I don't use they'll give me. (I LOVE MY grand parents!!! last few trucks it was the was 1st thing to break so they'll buy a new one so it can't )

- -Post pic's of YOUR front end AND SAY what is it and you happy or not-
- I got a 1st gen but want to know some if brands are shit off road/ can feel cracks in the driveway compared to others. ya know the specks of em all-

- - I want some feed back of what to get...
- Looking for: Total lift of give or take 3" to the front end. I do play offroad mainly mud, typical dirt/ rock roads and your occasional rivers/ lakes and snow. I don't want to fully drop the diff. like cut and weld shit like some kits, though I do have a spacer kit that has the 8" bolts and spacers rather just use that.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Skip the spacer lifts, go straight for some coilovers. My spacer lift isnt cutting it for me and now i'm having to do it over with better stuff. At least go for some OME coil springs on their shocks if you dont want to fork out the 1000 for a pair of real coilovers. Maybe get some SAW coilovers as they're a tad cheaper at around $750.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
watch out people will start flaming you for having nice family like they did to Lentsnh haha. That and awesome set of grandparents!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
sapper987 will become famous soon enough

Army: Vet
sapper987's Tacoma Gallery
I got a spacer lift. It works for me but the ride can be a little "harsh". If I had the money at the time I'd have got either the Toytec ultimate kit, or the Icon c/o's. It seems that a lot of people start with spacers then upgrade.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Donnahoe as they're high end and very nice. They're actually called 'IVD' now just so ya know, Icon Vehicle Dynamics.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I love my Skyjacker lift

Edit: 3" performance strut in front, 2" full leaf spring replacement in rear. good middle of the road price to give you money for the uca's

So is that a complete package or just the rear?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
NoWayOut is on a distinguished road
NoWayOut's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
Nevermind
If thats directed towards me I know i'm retarded and its probably a dumb question, but it just didnt seem like a complete package to me.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
NoWayOut is on a distinguished road
NoWayOut's Tacoma Gallery
No that wasn't directed at ya.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Rides great! and I love the UCA's! I dont much hard core offroading like I think you do... But it was 10x's better then my spacer lift. I also have a 2" AAL+1" block in rear.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
that is the complete package. Front struts & rear replacement springs. Your factory springs swap to the skyjacker front struts thats why it may not look like the complete package, heres a pic of the difference in size
Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
if some one was going to give me a 1000 suspension job for a stock tacoma with out a doubt Id get the OME springs and shocks and a decent UCA.

timmer
i voted SAW because i LOVE mine...however...you can get a HIGH quality suspension setup for not a shit ton of money with OME stuff
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #16
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
I got Bilstein 5100's to start. I had the front ones set to 2.5" and then had a add-a-leaf in the rear for 1.5" of lift. I just recently got the Toytec coilover kit that coverts the Bilstein 5100's to adjustable coilovers ($430). I also upgraded my UCAs to the Camburg ball-joint based UCAs ($360 to my door). I would have went with Total Chaos or even the Camburg uni-ball UCAs, but since I was only looking to fix my front end alignment issues I decided to save some money and go with the better priced ball-joint based UCAs. Have a look at my signature for all the mods.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Fox 2.0 resi coilovers