Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just leveling: what spring for 5100's?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
charr64 is on a distinguished road
charr64's Tacoma Gallery
Just leveling: what spring for 5100's?

I tried searching, but there is so much info and I can't find this specific answer. My 06 Double cab Tacoma has 100K miles on it with the stock shocks. The ride is terrible and I'm getting extra wear on the inside of my tires. The repair guy said the old shocks were the reason. I decided I want to upgrade to the 5100's all around, but I only want to level it out. Basically I just want to know what new springs to get. Would the OME or the Eibach springs work for just leveling?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 dcsb with the 2x1 rear leafs . I also just wanted to level out the truck . So here is what I did. I went with the 5100's all around. Fronts are set at 0 with OME 883x springs. It leveled it out and it rides so much better then stock. Hope that helps.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
883s will give you right about 1" of lift.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
883s will give you right about 1" of lift.
It gave me 1 1/2 in. after settling on my Prerunner.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
It gave me 1 1/2 in. after settling on my Prerunner.
Agreed.

I don't have any lift, but in my research, I found 883s with billies at 0 should be around 1.5" of lift, and would be close to the Eibach with billies at 0 for 1.6" of lift.