1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kits - Going all out

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by bawilson21, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Apr 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    bawilson21

bawilson21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Rear Diff Breather Extension Deck Plate Mod 31" Destination A/T 3" Body Lift Rancho 5000 Shocks Grey Wire 7Pin Tow harness
    Hello All,

I have a 2000 Tacoma, V6 with the TRD Offroad package. The shocks were shot when I got it and the vehivle has 85,000 miles on it. I went to go get some Rancho shocks and after looking at the price of those and the price of the install fee, I thought I minus will just go for a lift kit. So heres my question. What size? 3"? I was told with that I could aget a 285 sized tire and Im curious what that would give me as far as added lift. The place im going to is called Desert Rat Offroad and they quoted me about $780 for the kit installed. I think that includes shocks too. The kit they mentioned is the 425 Rev Tec.

What would this do to the highway performance of the truck though? MPG? Added stress on the drivetrain? Greater rollover chance? Its my only vehicle but I do find myself on trails alot with it.

Also, Since Im here what about Tires. Is there anything that anyone can suggest? The tread is somewhat low on mine so Ill have to replace soon. Does anyone have pictures of a 2000 Taco with a 3" kit and 285 sized tires?

Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Apr 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    what kind of lift is that? spacer lift?

3. Apr 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM
    stikkimikki87

stikkimikki87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola FL
    Vehicle:
    d44, 37s, all 4 wheels turn!
    uhh...everything? lol
    if its revtek, then yes its just a spacer lift.

4. Apr 24, 2009 at 9:30 PM
    Neubs

Neubs Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    ToyTec 5100 Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs | OME Darkar Leaf Springs | 5150 10" Bilstein Rear Shocks| Light Racing UCAs | All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit | Timbren Rear Bumps | Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines | ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor | Method 16" Race Wheels | Goodyear 285/70/16 MTR | 48" Hi-Lift Jack | ToyTec Diff Drop | Warn Hitch Shackle | TRD Cold Air Intake | PIAA Intense White Bulbs | PIAA Silicone Wipers | Toyota Bed Mat |Sockmonkey Graphics | 20% Tint | Sport Hood | Scan Gauge II & Blend Mount | Shrockworks Sliders | ARB Bumper | Warn M8000 Winch | Viking Synthetic Winch line | 12-Volt Guy In-Dash Winch Controller | Viking Delrin Rollers | Daystar Winch Isolator| ARB/IPF 900XS Lights | Weather Tech Liners | Rock Lights | Diff Breather Mod | Extra Bed D-Rings | Misc. LED bulbs throughout
    Adjustable coil overs are the way to go. Here is a complete kit:

Products Discussed in

To Top