1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kidkart15, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Nov 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    kidkart15

kidkart15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mavrick
    Have a 2014 TRD Sport Tacoma Access cab, not a major wheeler or anything like that. Do travel the backwoods quite a bit and camp a lot throughout the summers and falls. Looking to purchase off wheelersoffroad.com during their black friday sale. Looking at getting the Icon and . If im looking to add a 2' - 2.5' lift or level to my tacoma.

Two Questions I need answered:
    1. are 265/75/16s the biggest tire I can run? look at Nitto Trail Grapplers with 16 inch trd bronze wheel

2. With this suspension upgrade, do I need to an AAL or a Dakar leaf package.

Just look for tough stance, no major wheeling or flexing the the tacoma out. Just need to get through woods and the trails, not wanting the 5100's or anything like. Set on the Icon series

Thanks,
    Mavrick

2. Nov 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    1. Typically the biggest you can run with minimal rubbing (2.5" Lift) is a 285/75R16

2. If you go for 2"+ of lift, you will need to bring the back end up as well. Since your truck is pretty darn new, the best bet would probably be a 3 Leaf Progressive AAL set for the back.

Products Discussed in

To Top