1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me wrap my brain around lift options?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by IronBagel, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dec 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    IronBagel

IronBagel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB
    Let me preface this post by saying thank you because I know nearly nothing about suspension and will probably ask a few dumb questions. Looking at build and the FAQ threads have helped clear some things up, but I was wondering what you guys think would work best for me as far as lifts go. Currently I don't do too much wheeling and when I do it's not hardcore. Also I still do a lot of highway driving. However I'm moving to Utah in a few months and was wanting to do some wheeling/camping more often. I'd also say that I'm on a bit of a budget, but I want to do this right. People have suggested spacers,shackles etc, but I want this to actually help offroad performance.

Options for the rear as I understand are pretty simple; add a leaf or a new leaf pack. Do I want new shocks in the rear as well or will the stock ones do fine? Also, I've been told not to do AAL by some guys who go wheeling more often than me, any reason to opt for the new leaf pack instead?
    Up front my understanding is that I have a couple of options. I can go for a coil and a shock no idea what to pick there or I can go with coilovers. What are my advantages and disadvantages there? Does one require more maintenance than the other?
    Also is there anything else I'd need to still make the truck not wear excessively like a diff drop or uca's?

Thanks for the help!
    ~Bagel

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top