1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

89-95 Toyota Pickup Leaf Springs in 96 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sarbastaco, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Dec 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    Sarbastaco

Sarbastaco [OP] Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    96 2.7 lx 4x4
    I have been looking into changing the leaf springs on my 96 taco because they are almost flat. I have read where others on this forum and over at TTORA have replaced their 95-97 taco springs with those from a 89-95 toyota pickup. I started looking at the measurements and saw that although the springs from the two trucks are the same length, the lengths from center pins to eyes are off by 1 inch. Tacoma springs measure 28.62" (from front eye to center pin) and 22.52" (from back eye to center pin) which equals 51.14" (according to Dorman which are the leafs I have right now). The toyota 89-95 pickup leafs measure 29.125" (front eye to center pin) and 22.06" (back eye to center pin) which also equals 51". My question is will the axle stay centered in the wheel well if I use the 89-95 leaf springs? The two guys on TTORA said it will stay centered but is there some modification they did that Im not aware of like adjusting the shackle or something? Or is there any other information that Im missing? I may be able to get a set of leafs from a 93 toyota pickup and want to make sure they will fit correctly before I buy them. Any help or advice from people who have done this is greatly appreciated.

2. Dec 19, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    Sarbastaco

Sarbastaco [OP] Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    96 2.7 lx 4x4
    Bump city

Products Discussed in

To Top