1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whats a good leaf pack i can use with stage 1 icon?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Alfred, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Jan 9, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    Alfred

Alfred [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfred
    California
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4X4 DCSB
    im thinking about purchasing the stage 1 icon kit, but was wondering what to get for the rear. i heard good and bad about the dakar leaf spring so im hoping tacoma world members can help me out.

i was also just thinking of going the ome route but icons caught my attention.

*note i also have a leer 100xq camper shell equipped on my tacoma.

setup i was thinking of using....

-icon stage 1

-ome dakar leaf springs

-icon tubular ucas

2. Jan 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    bigtaco06

bigtaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    Sounds like a really solid set up man.

3. Jan 9, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    If you plan to drive at higher speeds off road, may want to upgrade to remote-reservoir versions of the VS 2.0" rear shocks.

4. Jan 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    TacoBrah

TacoBrah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Icon stage 1, 255/85/16 KM2
    Dakars are said to be stiff if you don't carry extra weight. Being that your truck is quite new you should be able to use a 3 leaf AAl.

5. Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    new leaf pack is better than AAL to stock, because the new leaf packwill have more leafs, but of a thinner material giving a more progressive rate resulting in a much smoother ride, control, in addition to an increased lift.

6. Jan 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    Alfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfred
    California
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4X4 DCSB
    I don't plan on doing much high speed offroading I just want a decent setup that will get me to places comfortably on and off road.

I also heard the same about the Dakar leaf pack being stiff. I wonder if the shell weight would compensate.

7. Jan 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Wheelers Offroad, and Allpro Offroad also offer leaf packs, in both standard and added load capacity. Go for the standard if you are not carrying an extra 300-400 lbs. Same goes for Dakar, they have a HD version with an added leaf, that it sounds you may not need. Order just the regular Dakar. All of these will provide such improved ride quality over stock.

8. Jan 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    velillen

velillen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    I have the Icon Stage 1, OME Dakars, and Icon tubular UCA's. Ride is nice and smooth and huge improvement over stock. I also have a leer canopy but the exact model escapes my mind.

For the rear I did upgrade to the remote-reservoir version though. Youll want to talk to whoever you buy them...with the Dakars headstrong offroad recommended a bit longer travel shock length.

Either way youll love the setup!

9. Jan 9, 2015 at 11:47 AM
    Alfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfred
    California
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4X4 DCSB

Can you post pics of your tacoma.

Products Discussed in