Notices

Pics of 3" Lift with 33's

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of 3" Lift with 33's

Hey everyone.....

Still need to put on my AAL (add a leaf) in the rear... that is taking place Sunday...

But I got some 285/75 R16 Cooper Discover S/T 's..... and the front lifted.....

whatda guys think??
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-liftz2.jpg   Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-liftz3.jpg   Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-liftz1.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Bluestreak is on a distinguished road

Bluestreak's Tacoma Gallery
looks good dude, i like it! do your tires rub at all on the front inside when the tires are cranked? the little black plastic part that is like part of the inner fender?
Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #4

Just barely!!! a slight rub..... not sure if i should take the front mud flaps off, or use a little hand held sander to bur down the flaps where it rubs......

did/does yours rub?
Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
im liking that look jackson. very nice. got specs on your wheels?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice man.

Your wheels are 8" with a 4.5 backspace?

I have been doing a lot of research on wheels and tires and want to throw this out to the forum.

With your tires which are about 33" diameter and just barely touch the plastic, what I'm thinking of doing is running 16x8" pro comps with a 4" backspace with Super Swamper Thornbirds, size 30x11.5"

The Swampers and yours are about the same overall width but mine would be 30" (factory 245's tires are 30.5") diameter instead of 33" which would give me 1.5 inches more dia. clearance than 33's but rim would stick out a half inch more than yours.

I didn't want to do a (drastic 6") lift but I think the kit that lifts the front 3" and the rear 2" would work for my application, without rubbing the spindle arm? I did want to level out the rake anyway.

I'm going to remove the mud flaps anyway but I think with a 3" lift, my theoretical setup would clear the spindle??? Yes no? maybe? I don't care how much plastic I need to trim but I'm wondering about hitting the spindle, or whatever the thing in the back is called.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #8

chad,

I don't think they will hit, i will do some find out what my back spacing is and take some pics for you, (later today)....

i don't know if you will be happy with 30's and 3" lift....

I dont want to critize anything anyone does, but these are pics of a 3" lift in the front with 265/75's....

my personal opinion is they have too much wheel well showing.... BUT the tires are worn out and not aggressive at all.... so you put on new aggressive tires and it might look awesome...

just my thoughts....

*will post clearence pics a little later*
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-lift1s.jpg   Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-lift2s.jpg  
Old 10-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
chad,

I don't think they will hit, i will do some find out what my back spacing is and take some pics for you, (later today)....

I dont want to critize anything anyone does, but these are pics of a 3" lift in the front with 265/75's....

my personal opinion is they have too much wheel well showing.... BUT the tires are worn out and not aggressive at all.... so you put on new aggressive tires and it might look awesome...

just my thoughts....

but what rim size are u talking about too??

285/75/16=32.8" tall
285/75/17=33.9" tall

265/75/16=31.7" tall
265/75/17=32.7" tall

so if both of yall are running 16's, then ur tire is only 1.1" taller than his.

courtesy of tire calculator
Old 10-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
nm.. i got the specs on your wheel jackson 16x8 4.5 bs
Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #11

my bad..... the tires in the pic are 265/70 not 75.....

so they should look good!

now my truck is leveled out... finally!
this pic shows there to be plenty of room, granted i will get an allignment tomorrow that will bring it a little closer.. now wheels look like \-------/
but even then i think everything will be fine..... shouldn't move in that much
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-lift5.jpg   Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-lift7.jpg   Pics of 3" Lift with 33's-liftcle.jpg  
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome......nice job. How was the install?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
im confused on the size of your tires 285/75/16 ? or 265/70
Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #14

now, 285/75 R16 with outlaw II rims.....

had stock 245/75 r16.... then got the rims and got a set of used tires for them (new the lift and 33s where in the near future) the used ones where 265/70 16s ....

i ran those used ones for the past couple months and only a couple days after the front end lift ....

sorry for the confusion
Old 10-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
thanx i think this subject is being discussed in 2 different threads lol
and did you get pics of aal's up? im having mine done this week
Old 10-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #16

yeah, got my aal on.... i know... both threads are getting tricky....

i am gonna write up a "how to" on the toytec lift... will post it tonight or tomorrow

two people is A LOT OF HELP... me and a guy did both aal's in 1 hr 20 min today

front took me 8 hrs by myself....
Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
heres the alignment specs for 3" lift from toytec and some dude on TN, in case you need them

camber 0*
caster 2-2.4*
toe .04*
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #18
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
chad,

just my thoughts....

Yes I was thinking the same thing too about that extra gap. But with the aggressive looking and wider tires and being pushed out a tad more, I think it might look nice. If it doesn't I could just run something similar to your sizes.

On your setup how much clearance do you have between the inner sidewall and the rod (not sure what the hell it's call lol) that is only half a inch away from rubbing the stock setup? Do you have about 1.25" of clearance? I'm still trying to determine if the offset on the 07's and 08's is actually 5.5? I'm pretty sure it is.

I'm planning on getting the truck around next Christmas early Spring after I pay of my Z. Everything I've done to my z was just the opposite of what I want to do to a Tacoma:-P
Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, got my aal on.... i know... both threads are getting tricky....

i am gonna write up a "how to" on the toytec lift... will post it tonight or tomorrow

two people is A LOT OF HELP... me and a guy did both aal's in 1 hr 20 min today

front took me 8 hrs by myself....
If you have pics then a write up would be a great help to alot of people. I want to do mine myself but i would like to have a detailed write up and pics to go with it