1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello guys. I need some help on some 5100s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacoma08brandon87, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

tacoma08brandon87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Hello guys. Am new to this type of stuff. I wanna do 5100s all way around with coil springs as well. I wanna set them at 1.75 just to match my rear. I have taco lean.

My ??? To you guys is.. How is the rid.?? My friends told me is better ride going with coil springs. Then using your stock ones. Help plz thank you

2. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    It will have a better ride with new springs but at 1.75 it shouldn't be bad a little stiffer but it will,feel more like a truck if that makes sense.

3. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    Some eibach 1.6in lift springs would.be ideal for for you

4. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    As you go up in height with the stock springs you compress them more.
    This raises the spring rate or stiffness of the stock springs.
    So if yo pre load or compress the stock springs it will lift the truck but will be stiffer feel.
    To get an idea of what happens, say the springs are rated at 600 lbs.
    To compress the spring 1" it take 600 lbs of squish.
    To compress the spring to 2" it takes 1200 lbs. of pressure. Going to 1 1/2"+ setting stiffens the spring even more. So the pressure needed to compress them the first inch is almost 3 times the factory rate.
    Oh you also lose down travel, dropping in to a hole or depression, can overtravel the shock, possibly breaking it.
    Long story short get the longer Eibach springs and set them at the first notch.
    You will get the lift and still retain a much better ride.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Xtry can you tell me where I can get that 1.6 springs. The ones am looking at are toytec eibach front coil lift springs. There 169$ pair. They say it goes good with the 5100s

6. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    Ya toytec sells them check out wheelers off road and headstrong off road to maybe find a better deal

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  7. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
  8. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Hey whT about wheelers off road. Springs old man emu 2887 front coil how are those ones with 5100s what you recommend for my kind of set up

9. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:24 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    That's what I run and your gonna get around 3.5in of lift at first. If you want to level out maybe 883s or 884s

10. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:28 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Oh well what do I get. I just want 1.75 front. Toytec one the. For 169$

11. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    Go for the eibachs

12. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:53 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Okay thank you man I will go with them

13. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    And if your ever want to lift more yiu van raise the 5100 up to .85 and get around 2.5in of lift roughly so you get a couple choices with that setup.

14. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Okay I thought 1.75 is higher then .85? How is the ride at 1.75 with coil Springs from that place? . I just wanna get good set up. I'm not much into offroad. I got 2w drive

15. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    The eibach springs alone give 1.6in of lift so set the 5100s at 0 and you have 1.6in or lift if you decide later to go higher you,can move them up to next slot st .85 with the eibach springs and get roughly 2.5in of lift. Stock coils will give no lift and yiu have to preload them by,raising them with the 5100s to either .85 1.75 or 2.5

16. Jan 17, 2015 at 5:44 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    What truck do you have? The weight can vary significantly and therefore should be considered when selecting your suspension.

If you have a prerunner I would not do the smaller Eibach coils, they have a 620 spring rate and that's going to make for a stiff ride. Also even though they are labeled to get you to 1.6", most I have heard from achieve a little more lift and that's even with a 4x4 double cab.

Before you pull the trigger on buying something I would suggest doing a lot more research and discuss with a lot more members. Just listening to one guy who may or may not know what he's talking about is not the best approach.

17. Jan 17, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    I have pre runner
    basic one

18. Jan 17, 2015 at 7:15 AM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Okay so what should i do man.

19. Jan 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    tacoma08brandon87

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
  20. Jan 18, 2015 at 6:48 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Prerunner double cab? Do you have the V6?
    Specifics would help.

FYI the weight difference from a Prerunner double cab V6 with automatic and a 4x4 double cab V6 with automatic is about 240 lbs (all front end weight) based on the specifications offered by Toyota. That difference right there would steer me clear from the Eibachs because of the spring rate. If I had the prerunner like I described and was looking for about 2" of lift up front I'd do the OME 884 coils with Bilstien 5100s set @ Zero lift (first groove). If I wanted to achieve more lift I'd just do lift spindles. In fact I'd probably just do lift spindles anyways since its the best way to lift a 2wd truck. The quality of ride stays the same and you don't have to worry about alignment issues like you do with lift coils or adjustable shocks (with spindles you don't take from your down travel to achieve lift).

Anyhow like I said do some research and figure out what options work best for you. Also establish a realistic budget, this will help you decide what to get. Oh and don't just listen to one person on here and make a decision, get feedback from a various people and preferably those with the exact set-up you're looking at.

One last thing, be patient and don't rush into this :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top