Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf Springs

Old 09-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Springs

I just looked at my leaf springs yesterday. They dont have a "happy face" look on the springs. They have a "frown" shape. Anyone else have issues with their leafs?

Tommorow I am going to order a set of customised springs from this company.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm
Old 09-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
mazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud of

mazutoytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know of one guy that didn't like his Wheeler's Offroad spring. He said that they cracked very quickly. But maybe he just got a bad set.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
Does he do a lot of off-roading? I dont plan on doing any offroading... I have a CR250 for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazutoytaco View Post
I know of one guy that didn't like his Wheeler's Offroad spring. He said that they cracked very quickly. But maybe he just got a bad set.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
potroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
potroast's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to potroast
I put the wheeler AALs on my Tundra. Awsome ride. Much quieter than my Procomp AALs that I replaced.

I offroad a lot, btw.

Toyota leafs are infamous for being rediculously weak.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
mazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud of

mazutoytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by potroast View Post

Toyota leafs are infamous for being rediculously weak.

I agree with that. My 2" Cornfed shackles have wore out my stock leafs out fast. It's okay cause after I re-do my lift I might be sitting on some custom 5" leaf springs.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
potroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
potroast's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to potroast
I'm jealous. I would have gone with the deaver leaf packs instead of the AAL but I do haul and the deavers kill payload/towing
Old 09-11-2006, 04:02 AM   #7
Tukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud of

Tukohmah's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.gearinstalls.com/index.htm

Go to that site and click on the saggy rear end at the bottom left corner of the page, and the other write-ups, very interesting stuff with just adding coils on the leaf springs, did it on my 87 4runner.

They also got a thread on 4x4wire.com forum :

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...5&o=31&fpart=1

explains it in that thread, happy reading.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
tumbleweed is on a distinguished road
Name: Rusty
tumbleweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallan26 View Post
I just looked at my leaf springs yesterday. They dont have a "happy face" look on the springs. They have a "frown" shape. Anyone else have issues with their leafs?

Tommorow I am going to order a set of customised springs from this company.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm
Just received those springs today. I am on my 3rd Toy truck and have had to augment the rear suspension on all of them. Stock springs are practically on the bumpstops at full payload when the trucks are new. I am installing the 3 leaf add kit and I will try to include the overload leaf. This formula has worked for me in the past.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
tumbleweed is on a distinguished road
Name: Rusty
tumbleweed's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Toyota TSB on this problem and a dealer fix covered by the warranty. Might want to talk to your dealer
Old 08-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
good thread dig up, get some timbren bump stops that will help you out alot.