1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME and AAL installed

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BBBsti LTD, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jan 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    BBBsti LTD

BBBsti LTD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4WD
    I recently finished installing OME kit with AAL. I want to give an honest opinion to anyone thinking on doing this as a DYI. I did not install the spacer to achieve 3", I only got the packer to compensate for the taco lean. I am not a mechanic or have crazy amount of tools or space. I did this with a basic jack and jack stands from Autozone and basic tools described in other threads.

I did the installation by myself, it took me probably 6 1/2 hours being the first time I have work on a truck suspension. I have done sport cars suspension before but no trucks.

In general, it was pretty easy installation, I used online videos for the front shocks by removing the springs without a spring compressor. YouTube the how-to and it works perfectly fine and easy. The rear was a little tricky when dealing with the pin and alignment of the leaves springs but not really difficult.

I noticed that my U bolts were pretty loose, they have never being removed before and the truck has no AAL TSB. I did torqued them to 85 ft/lb as recommended in other threads.

The truck looks leveled and it does ride more like a sport car, a bit stiffer but not harsh.

image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Jan 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM
    thelivestone

thelivestone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crewmax
    stock for now
    Good Job on doing it yourself. I think its a great lift for the price. Truck looks good.

3. Jan 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Looks good

4. Jan 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    BBBsti LTD

BBBsti LTD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4WD
    I need to get it aligned. Up to 60 mph it doesn't wander but the steering wheel is not centered.
    I can also feel now the vibration from the front differential bearing. It didn't do it before the lift.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. Jan 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    thelivestone

thelivestone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crewmax
    stock for now
    I got all mine done at once by a shop. Sometimes my front end will humm for a few seconds and go away. I usually put it in 4 high and the sound will go away then put it back in 2 and its gone. The sound comes and goes in my truck. I also put the diff drop in to lower the angles on my CVs.

Products Discussed in

To Top