Notices

Rear Bilstein 5160

Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Demo man is on a distinguished road

Marines: Semper Fi. SGT/E-5
Name: Dave
Demo man's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Bilstein 5160

I have a 2012 Tacoma Baja edition. For about a week I've noticed a thump overtime i hit a bump. Already had the pass side replaced before the warranty was up. Now the drivers side is bad. These shocks seems to rust real quick which i can't seem to understand. I have never had any problems with Bilstein on any of my previous trucks. Should i gamble and get another? Fox seems to be the way to go. Any suggestions would help.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcsb jon's Tacoma Gallery
It's your climate. Moisture and road Salt/chemicals=corrosion

Fox will be even worse, I'm sure, due to their finish.

In the winter you best be spraying the truck off 1-2 times/minimum
Old 02-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #3

Is it normal for these to go bad after 42K miles?
Old 02-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Exhaust is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Exhaust's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend pressure washing that truck every two weeks at most with all the salt. I do that and I still don't think its enough. You could also pull the part in question, tape it off and paint it with bed liner. Seems to be helping keep my stuff from rusting
Old 02-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Car wash. $2 self spray once a week or more is a must during the winter in the North East... They salt the roads like crazy
Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #7

I keep the salt off as much as possible. Thanks guys. Dealer wanted $550 for new shock and install. I told them I'll take care of it. Got one online for $266 shipped and I'll put it on myself. After looking into line x first.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo man View Post
I keep the salt off as much as possible. Thanks guys. Dealer wanted $550 for new shock and install. I told them I'll take care of it. Got one online for $266 shipped and I'll put it on myself. After looking into line x first.
$266 shipped?

$174 shipped...
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/p...x4-&-Prerunner
Old 02-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #9

Good call. But I'll keep them uniformed by having the TRD on both. Which Is the one I ordered. ��