1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lift plan and a few ?'s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by motoxmann, May 4, 2009.

1. May 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    motoxmann

motoxmann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport
    Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, Fox 2.0 piggyback rear, toytec aal, TC UCA's, weathertec liners, Wet Okoles, grillcraft in the mail
    Alright, I've been researching lifts for my 09 for a bit and I have a couple questions. Heres what I'm looking at:

-Icon CO's up front with TC UCA's
    -Icon rear resi's in the back with a 1.5" AAL (Eventually want to put on a custom leaf, but for now gonna do an AAL)
    -285/75/16 or 285/70/17 BFG KM2's
    -Wheels: Something black in a 16 or 17

The truck is my DD, and offroad is mostly desert/dunes stuff (spend alot of time in Pismo) and trails/backwoods camping type stuff.

I've seen some great trucks on here and other sites that run this or similar setups so hopefully this is a practical plan. Now a few ?'s

1. For the front CO's, extended or not? Whats the difference?

2. Are resi's on the front CO's overkill if I'm not planning on racing Baja? Wheelers has the extended CO's with TC UCAS for 1650 and resi's are 200 extra. While spending less is always a bonus 200 isnt a deal breaker if they're worth it.

3. Will the AAL ride ok for the time being? I haul a dirt bike a lot, not sure if weight affects AAL at all.

4. Will i need longer brake lines? I was thinking about upgrading to stainless anyway, but dont know if I'll need to go longer or not.

5. On the wheel size, what seems to be the best size to run with the least rubbing. I'm sure I'll have to trim no matter what but what's the consensus on what is the best route.

I appreciate any and all advice with this. I rushed into putting a TM 6 inch on my old 2000 and absolutely hated it, so I want to make sure and do this right.

2. May 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    you don't have to go with the resevoir if you are on a budget, i don't have them on my sway a way's and the ride is great, go with the bilstein 5100 for the rear, i have the icon's and they are too stiff in my opinion, you will not need longer brake lines in the rear. set up the front coilover to 3" and you will have to do minor trimming, wheels size is up to you, i have 17's and like them.

3. May 7, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    motoxmann

motoxmann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport
    Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, Fox 2.0 piggyback rear, toytec aal, TC UCA's, weathertec liners, Wet Okoles, grillcraft in the mail
    thanks for the reply!

Products Discussed in

To Top