Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME questions

Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
stanman9 will become famous soon enough
stanman9's Tacoma Gallery
OME questions

For those of you with a 2nd gen and OME springs I would like to know if you installed them yourself or had a shop do it??? and if so how much they charged??
Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i installed mine myself. Its really a good experience whether it be frustrating or not.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
what kind of spring compressor did you use and how much of a pain?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whatever autozone rented me. The kind where you crank one side at a time. i have an impact wrench so it wasn't hard at all. without i couldn't have done it at all.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
yeah i've just always heard that those are a pain
Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #7

without an impact wrench you couldn't do it. Way to squirly. i was fine doing it by myself.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
can you use a top plate spacer with the springs?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #9

i did.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
which springs and what size spacer?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #11

885's on n140s shocks w/ half inch spacers. only put the spacer on the driver side to make up for the taco lean.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
could you use a 1" spacer? how much lift did you get out of the springs?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #13

with the 885's before settling i'd say it was over 3"
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman9 View Post
could you use a 1" spacer? how much lift did you get out of the springs?
Dont use anything but the 10mm lift enhancers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You can also order the OME trim packer for the Taco lean. I've got 1/2 inch spacers for both sides just in case it settles out.

And I'll have measurements in the next few weeks...
The trim packers only fit on the OME shocks.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
True...I thought that's what we were talking about- but specifically mentioning it is important.
Yeah.....I know a few people that got the 5100's and the trim packers, and not have them fit....
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont use anything but the 10mm lift enhancers.
What about the Top Plate spacers that come in the Toytec Coil Lift? I was thinking about getting Front and Rear OME Springs too.

BEST SELLER! 3" Lift With front coils & rear options

Price (Each): $299.99

----OME3-05-AL----
Included in kit:
FRONT: (2) OME 884 standard/light load front lift coil springs
Optional med and heavy coils can be selected but require OME N140S shocks sold seperately
Also includes ToyTec Top plate spacers for a full 3" front lift & (6) top plate studs.
REAR: (2) 2" lift ToyTec Add-a-leafs by Alcan spring (a long add-a-leaf for the best ride), w/OEM style anti-friction Pads, & new leaf spring center pins.