Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Deaver 11 pack, wanting to lower...

Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Sergeant
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver 11 pack, wanting to lower...

A few years ago I picked up the Deaver 10 pack. After installing I noticed I didn't get any measurable lift when compared to the stock (post recalled, 4 leaf) springs. So, I took them back to Deaver and they added another leaf, hence, the 11 pack.

While I love the looks, ride and height of my truck now, it's time to replace tires and since I'm a freeway queen now, the 285's are being replaced with stock size tires.

I don't really care for the look of a 3" lift with stock tires, so I'm wanting to lower my truck back down a couple inches. Front is easy as I've got the adjustable ICON's, so I can just crank them down.

With the rear, I removed the extra leaf that I had Deaver add, but I'm not seeing any decrease in ride height (still at 23.5" fender to center of hub).

OK, on to my question. Am I going about this the wrong way? My next step was going to be to remove another leaf (going down to 9), but now I'm wondering if when I took them back to Deaver, they added more arch, or something to achieve the additional ride height. I haven't called Deaver, but planned on doing so tomorrow to see if they could provide me with any helpful information.

Not looking to get rid of or trade these springs away, as I'd like to keep the option of lifting truck back up in the future, just don't need it now as my lifestyle could use the MPG's of stock tires. If it comes down to it, I'll just run the rear at it's current height and lower the front a bit (all four corners are equal now at 23.5")

Thanks!