These instructions are copy and pasted from Toytec's install guide. They have pics avaliable through the given link. Sorry, should have taken pictures during the process but did not. I do have notes scattered throughout the process though. Hope they help someone.
My notes are incased in ****
Front Spring / SPACER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR
07 FJ, 03-07 4Runner, TACOMA- 05-08
Read all of the installation instructions prior to installing this lift kit.
L.L.C. recommends that this lift be installed by a certified auto
-The following tools will be needed:
coil spring compressor, floor jack, large jack stands, metric tools.
1. Park on level concrete surface with steering wheel centered.
2. Block rear wheels to prevent vehicle movement.
3. Jack the front end up and secure the vehicle on large jack stands.
4. Remove front wheels/tires.
5. Remove the upper sway bar link from the sway bar on both sides. (Fig1)
6. Loosen and remove the sway bar mounts from the frame. Remove the sway bar.
******Sway Bar was very awkward and hard to remove…. I chose to just push it out of the way over the skid plate so one side was able to be worked on…. Installed that spacer, finished, and moved the sway bar over out of the way on the other side….******
7. Remove the 2 lower ball joint mount bolts, (Fig 2) then separate the ball joint mount from
the spindle. This will allow enough movement forward to remove the coil-over. Be careful not
to extend the hub outward enough to pull the inner CV axle joint apart.
******These are the two bolts directly under the disc that holds the tire. Lay on your back and look up at the bottom of the disc.*******
8. Remove the lower bolt that goes through the shock/coil-over. (Fig 3)
9. Remove upper 3 nuts that hold’s the coil-over to the upper shock tower. (Fig4)
10. Remove the coil over assembly from the vehicle. (Fig 5)
11. Note the alignment of the top plate studs in relation to the lower shock
hole Before compressing the coils, These must be aligned the same prior to
uncompressing the coils and reinstalling on the vehicle.
12. Compress the spring in a suitable spring compressor. (Fig 6)
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HEAVY DUTY SPRING COMPRESSOR OR THE SKILLS REQUIRED TO
COMPRESS SPRINGS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU TAKE THE COIL-OVER TO A QUALIFIED
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL! MANY PARTS STORES, AND AUTO SERVICE CENTERS DO THIS.
13. Remove the top nut on the shock that holds the shock and spring together. Note the
order of the washers and bushings on the shock shaft, both above and below the top plate.
14. Remove the top plate from the spring and pull the rubber isolator off of the top plate.
15. Install the spacer on the top plate, making sure to align the 3 machined grooves in the
spacer with the top plate stud heads. Next, slide the stock rubber isolator over the small side
of the spacer. (Fig 7)
3" LIFT SPACER, or SPRINGS ONLY- Remove the O.E. top plate studs. This can easily be
done by hand with a hammer and vise, or a socket on the ground. Replace the removed studs
with the longer supplied bolts. If you have new front coils with your kit you will not be
installing the large spacers pictured in fig 8.
16. Reinstall the top plate, new ToyTec Lifts spacer and isolator, or spring and isolator. You
will need to compress the springs more to allow for the spacer. (Fig 8)
17. Align the top plate studs with the lower shock bolt hole, as you noted in step # 8 prior to
disassembly. Tighten the top shock nut onto the shock and top plate assembly.
18. Decompress the spring making sure the alignment of the top plate studs doesn't shift.
******I chose to decompress springs, then put the whole assembly back into place (it won’t fit) and just sort of line everything up…. I got the 3 top nuts on, not tight, but started, so it is securely in place. Then put my spring compressor back on. With everything in the way, it was easier to take off the spring compressors (one on each side) put the assembly into place, then put one compressor on one side and compress it until you can put the bottom bolt in.*******
3" LIFT SPACER, or SPRINGS ONLY- Install the ToyTec Lifts top plate spacer on top of the
coil-over, over the new top plate bolts as shown in fig 7.
19. Install the coil-over back onto the truck- Slide the top of the coil-over back into place in
the tower. Loosely thread the top plate shock tower nuts back on the top plate studs. Install
the lower shock bolt and tighten the nut/bolt. Tighten the top plate stud nuts.
NOTE: You may have to pry down on the lower control arm to replace the lower shock bolt.
20. Re install sway bar, and all bolts & nuts that were removed!! Recheck all of your bolts and
nuts after 15 miles and periodically thereafter. (Fig 9 shows the ft. spacer installed).
21. Reinstall the tires/wheels and torque down all bolts and lug nuts.
NOTE: A front end alignment must be done after the spacer install
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability:
All lift kits raise the center of gravity, making the truck less stable in turns, and off camber
situation! Thus increasing the chance of roll over!
ToyTec Lifts L.L.C. cannot be held responsible for any damages or personal harm resulting
from the installation of this lift kit.