Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension TSB + 3" Lift

Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension TSB + 3" Lift

I was wondering if anyone has done a 3" lift after getting the suspension TSB done? SO MANY possibilities out there, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
lol i know the feeling justin. heres what you do IMO. have the tsb done. it will give you an additional 1" (approx) of rear lift. the front should remain the same. then have a 3" coil spacer installed on front. and a 1" rear block. thats 2" in the back and 3" in the front. or just go with the bilstein 5100s on top notch. post tsb will be 1" rear lift and 2.5" front lift
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've had the tsb done and hopefully w/ schedules, i'll get the 2.5" spacer in the front done in a few weeks
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I've wondered how a 3 in lift would work after the TSB. The 3in Toytec lift comes with an AAL for the back. Now if you have done the TSB, do you still need to add a leaf or would that throw off your angles toomuch? do you just ignore the AAL that comes with the lift and put everything else on?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
lol i know the feeling justin. heres what you do IMO. have the tsb done. it will give you an additional 1" (approx) of rear lift. the front should remain the same. then have a 3" coil spacer installed on front. and a 1" rear block. thats 2" in the back and 3" in the front. or just go with the bilstein 5100s on top notch. post tsb will be 1" rear lift and 2.5" front lift
Yeah, I figured that is what it would come down to. The only thing is I've heard bad things about using blocks in the back. Supposedly it would cause axle wrap (not to clear on the that term), but I don't see why blocks would cause it and not AAL's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I've wondered how a 3 in lift would work after the TSB. The 3in Toytec lift comes with an AAL for the back. Now if you have done the TSB, do you still need to add a leaf or would that throw off your angles toomuch? do you just ignore the AAL that comes with the lift and put everything else on?
I know that Toytec suggests going with the rear block if you have the four leaf set up in the back, and they have it as an option in there kits. If you added the AAL, making it 5 leaves total, it would probably make the rear end way to stiff. If you didn't put the block or the AAL, it would probably sit lower in the back.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Any pictures of a 3in front lift with rear stock(with TSB)?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
Any pictures of a 3in front lift with rear stock(with TSB)?
Wow, 4 year thread bump!

3" in front with tsb rear will leave you nose-high.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Wow, 4 year thread bump!

3" in front with tsb rear will leave you nose-high.
Yes sir even 4 year old threads can still have good info.
Just for the record I know how it will sit I was asking for pictures.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
Yes sir even 4 year old threads can still have good info.
Just for the record I know how it will sit I was asking for pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
i have the wheelers rear tsb AAL, an all pro u bolt flip kit, and walker evans in the rear for a 3" lift. I run icon Co's in the front. Wheelers TSB AAL is what you need tho
He wants the rear sag look I believe.