Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6"db wanting to go bigger!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
tacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to behold
Name: Brandon
tacomaboyd's Tacoma Gallery
6"db wanting to go bigger!

Hey guys I'm looking for some knowledgeable advice on what to do to go bigger with my truck. I have a 6" fabtech db kit with 35s but I'm looking for some more ground clearance from the drop brackets. I'm curious about getting custom length coilovers to make up for the 6inch spacers and add a bit more and I'm also curious about combining maybe a long travel kit with the drop bracket kit. Any thoughts on this? Please no negative comments as I've already heard them. Just looking for advice on what I can do to add to what I already have
Attached Thumbnails
6"db wanting to go bigger!-20150216_101133.jpg  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
How's 12" sound?
http://bulletproofsuspension.net/200...oma-2wd4wd-12/

You could go custom length coil overs, ditch the spacer and get a couple more inches out of it to put you at like 7-8" of lift.

Absolutely do NOT mix a LT and a DB kit...that's just dumb. You don't get 'lift' out of a LT kit, the arms are extended to allow for more travel hence the name long travel. For the price you could get the bulletproof MEGA bro DB and sell your fabtech.

Not sure if uniball LCA would play nice with the Fabtech LBJ mounting point anyways. I know guys have done it with Pro Comp set ups (stock width arms) but they utilize the stock LBJ bracket.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Vance@Andersenracing.org
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
How's 12" sound?
http://bulletproofsuspension.net/200...oma-2wd4wd-12/

You could go custom length coil overs, ditch the spacer and get a couple more inches out of it to put you at like 7-8" of lift.

Absolutely do NOT mix a LT and a DB kit...that's just dumb. You don't get 'lift' out of a LT kit, the arms are extended to allow for more travel hence the name long travel. For the price you could get the bulletproof MEGA bro DB and sell your fabtech.

Not sure if uniball LCA would play nice with the Fabtech LBJ mounting point anyways. I know guys have done it with Pro Comp set ups (stock width arms) but they utilize the stock LBJ bracket.
He said everything I was going to say its a lot of money for the price you can get a nice DB your lift will not be that great offroad though if you go long travel your not gunna have as much of a lift but it will ride better then any lift kit...
Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
tacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to beholdtacomaboyd is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
He said everything I was going to say its a lot of money for the price you can get a nice DB your lift will not be that great offroad though if you go long travel your not gunna have as much of a lift but it will ride better then any lift kit...
Ya I figured the long travel was a bit of a dumb idea. A 12 inch drop bracket is too much for me but id say longer coilovers I'd definitely the answer in my case
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #7
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie3478 View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you need/want that much lift?
Beat me to it. Yes, why do you want to go bigger?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #8
Mr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Ribby is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
Mr Ribby's Tacoma Gallery
There is a guy local to me that rides around on roughly what looks like 8-10in on 37s. I didn't take close enough look to see if they body lifted it, but from the quick glance he didn't have an obnoxious gap between the frame and body so my guess is no. He had coil overs up front that looked very similar to the fox ones offered. If I see him around town ill see if I can stop him and ask him about it for you. All I got a say is he mine as well just forget using the bed cause he would need a step stool just to be able to jump partially the way up. Its defiantly unique to say the least.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #9
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
A non DB has more ground clearance than a DB lift.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #10
Breaking DB Stereotypes
RadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadTaco914 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
A non DB has more ground clearance than a DB lift.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie3478 View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you need/want that much lift?
I just wanted to go a little bit bigger aiming to get more ground clearance from the drop brackets. I did gain some from stock but that's mainly from the bigger tires
Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #12
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaboyd View Post
I just wanted to go a little bit bigger aiming to get more ground clearance from the drop brackets. I did gain some from stock but that's mainly from the bigger tires
So put bigger tires on.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #13
boogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Brian
boogie3478's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah with a 6" lift you can probably squeeze some 37s on there with all the standard trimming.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You don't get ground clearance with lift. You get minimal front ground clearance with preload but you could lift the rear 10', the bottom of your axle pumpkin will still be the same distance from the ground though.