Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking to upgrade front springs

Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
tacogringo is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
tacogringo's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to upgrade front springs

I have 5100s on my 13 reg cab set at 1.75" that got me right at 2" of lift, 22" hub to fender. It is a little stiff for my liking. I'm looking to get 1/2" or so more lift and a little less stiffness(if possible). I'm trying to decide between 884s with top plates, 885s or the new eibach 2 1/2" springs. I'm probably going to add tc uca's as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
885s without front weight is still more harsh than OEM. I cannot say about 5100s though as I've never ran 5100s preloaded. It says you are a reg cab, I would go 884s with top plate spacers, add a winch on the front and you would be good to go, that or coilovers.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #3

I think 884s and 885s are the same spring rate
Old 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
mistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shedmistermanny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mistermanny's Tacoma Gallery
you are correct...590lbs/in
Attached Thumbnails
Looking to upgrade front springs-springrate_zps05kyztwz.jpg  
Old 03-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Yes same spring rate, but taller. Would still affect ride quality me thinks.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #6

Just to elaborate a little on my op. I'd like to get as much lift as possible without going into the cv issue area. I've seen posts on here where people are getting over 3 inches with 885s on a reg cab, which I think could be trouble. I've also heard people getting 2.75 or so. That's why I was thinking maybe 884s but again I don't know. If anyone has any of these setups on a reg cab please chime in. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #7
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Well personally I would go with 884s, see how you like the ride and the height. If it's not enough then just swap to 885s and take a $30 hit on the coils and sell them.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:01 AM   #8
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I do agree that with stock springs and Billies 5100 at 1.75 ride is a bit harsh, on the other hand, I tend to bottom out less on the whoops.

Howard