1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON STAGE 3 Checklist..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jrozz, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Apr 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM
    Jrozz

Jrozz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    so after much debate ive decided to spend the extra cash and get the icon stage 3 lift. im not sure what comes with this kit because it doesn't tell you on toytecs site. but i was thinking ill need

-extended rear/front breaklines
    -front diff drop kit
    - axel shims?
    -carrier bearing drop kit

too much or am I missing something?
    thanks guys ?

ICONSSS.jpg

2. Apr 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    you dont need front diff drop. i would wait on the carrier bearing drop you may not need it,you probably wont need the brake lines either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Apr 20, 2015 at 5:59 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    i have it. you don't need anything else but I would get upper control arms at some point in the future. I'm not really a fan of their rear leafs. I would get wheelers HD 3 pack Add A Leafs if i were you. Much better product. If you have a three leaf Add a leaf you won't need the shims as they will absorb the axel warp. Rear brake lines are nice to have as the rears are a little short but you'll be fine without them. Carrier bearing and front diff drops are just pointless spacers and I wouldn't install them. I have 80.000 miles on this setup and zero issues.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. Apr 20, 2015 at 6:10 PM
    ScKev

ScKev New Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2014 limited 4wd dclb
    Bull bar, running boards, tonneau rugged cover, icon stage 3 suspension with camburg uca
  5. Apr 20, 2015 at 6:13 PM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad

yes the stage 3 comes with the icon uca's its just not in the pic for some reason

6. Apr 20, 2015 at 6:14 PM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    I know that these icons can adjust to 3.5" if I went that high I still wouldn't need the diff drop?

7. Apr 21, 2015 at 3:40 AM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    No the diff drop is bad for 2nd gens..
    It says 3.5 but I wouldnt preload the coils that much your ride will be stiff.

8. Apr 21, 2015 at 8:15 AM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    Price check with Headstrong, Wheeler's, and Total Automotive Performance. I'd be willing to bet that they are cheaper than Toytec.

9. Apr 21, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    zippsub9

zippsub9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halfmoon, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB
    Shit bolted onto other shit, and junk.
    I would concur with just about everything above. However, straightening out an axle is never bad, angled cv axles arent better for 2nd gens. I am sure all within reason and what you are talking about is nothing extreme and the diff drop would not be necessary, but bad doesnt seem right. The axle shims 2* are easy while ur there and keep stock driveline geometry in the rear. If you go up to or definitely over 3" then stock UCAs arent going to cut it anymore for alignment up front. You will quickly run out of adjustment. Pick your poison for aftermarket UCA, they are all pretty nice and some pricey, but why not you forked out the cash for icons. It is probably faux by faux pas to run something stock with socal bling lifting your ride. The knockoff stuff is a third of the price and works fine. Deinitely price check although toytec is in your back yard so shipping vs pickup alone may be the deal breaker. Good luck and congrats.

10. Apr 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    Thankyou! This kit does come with the icon uca's it's just not shown in the picture. Those will work ok right?What exactly did you mean by SoCal bling? Lol is icon just a showy brand?

11. Apr 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    We have the stage kits available, as well as can mix and match a number of components to best fit your needs.

12. Apr 21, 2015 at 12:49 PM
    DVexile

DVexile Exiled to the East

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB V6 TRD OR 4X4
    Bad is exactly the correct description for a diff drop on a 2nd gen.

Here is the issue - a "diff drop" on a 2nd gen doesn't actually change the CV angles at all. It just rotates the diff. This does nothing to improve the CV angle and does everything to eff over the pinion.

So no - never do a diff drop on a 2nd gen. It is not only a waste of time and money but it is also bad for the diff while doing nothing for your CV.

13. Apr 21, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    zippsub9

zippsub9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halfmoon, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB
    Shit bolted onto other shit, and junk.
    I am a hater because i would rock them too but then would only mall crawl for fear of scratching the awesome finish. I feel better trashing something i can afford to replace/rebuild

Thank you for that, i have never seen this. The vertical offset is clear and the angle is decreased, but i never realized that an additional horizontal angle was created. +1 or i guess, like now according to the new TW formatting.

14. Apr 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    Oh haha I see. Well I only do a few off road trips a year so they should stay looking good but on the other had I live on colorado lol there is always some rock or road to be conquered! Especially where I live, right in the heart of the rockies

15. Apr 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    You got that right!!!! :D

16. Apr 21, 2015 at 2:26 PM
    4x4Banger

4x4Banger Gold Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ham
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB/OR 4x4
  17. Apr 22, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    So if my cv angles are bad, really the problem is just be boot right? Not the actually axel, I figured that If the boot rips then dirt gets in and screws things up. Or is it bad that rhe actual axel is angled?

18. Apr 22, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    Westside

Westside Southbound

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Nor Cal, East Bay
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Your CV angles should be fine unless you're planning on lifting beyond 3" In which case you'll be past the recommended pre-load setting of the Icon CO's I have 50K at that height without a problem

19. Apr 22, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    Jrozz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Acc TRD offroad
    Good to know, did you do the boot slide mod?

20. Apr 22, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    Westside

Westside Southbound

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Nor Cal, East Bay
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    I haven't because I bought the truck lifted 3" from the dealer with extended warranty. But I did change out their Pro Comp junk to Icon.. And they haven't noticed. If I lose a boot before 100k then it's on them.

Products Discussed in

To Top