Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

toytec coilovers left vs right

Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
toytec coilovers left vs right

I remembering browsing around and seeing someone post that there is a difference between the left and right front coil over for this kit and I can't seem to find it. Can someone elaborate on this and give me the info? Also does it for the same on the rears for the Bilstein 5100 rear nitrogen gas shocks? Is there a specific left vs right shock?

And one other question. This kit comes with TT-RS - rear axle degree shims for proper pinion angle alignment (Not pictured...on the How-tow for installing an add-a-leaf, this part wasn't used? Is this necessary or just an added improvement? And where do I use this?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
and by the way the shim goes on the bottom of the leaf pack against the axel
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
U may or may not need the shims - i started w/o them, then got vibe's. Installed the shims, and it cut down the vibes a little
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
and by the way the shim goes on the bottom of the leaf pack against the axel
fat side towards the rear of the truck

from google:

Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseboy View Post
I remembering browsing around and seeing someone post that there is a difference between the left and right front coil over for this kit and I can't seem to find it. Can someone elaborate on this and give me the info? Also does it for the same on the rears for the Bilstein 5100 rear nitrogen gas shocks? Is there a specific left vs right shock?

And one other question. This kit comes with TT-RS - rear axle degree shims for proper pinion angle alignment (Not pictured...on the How-tow for installing an add-a-leaf, this part wasn't used? Is this necessary or just an added improvement? And where do I use this?
Only the OEM springs are side specific. The Toytec coilovers are not.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Only the OEM springs are side specific. The Toytec coilovers are not.
if this is the case would I have to adjust the left coilover a little higher then the right?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseboy View Post
if this is the case would I have to adjust the left coilover a little higher then the right?
yes. Just a little bit, like 1/8th inch or so.