Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rough ride

Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
R DENOS is on a distinguished road
R DENOS's Tacoma Gallery
rough ride

I have the 3'' toytec spacer and leafspring lift kit on my 06 taco 4x4. Im looking to get a new 3 or 4'' kit that has a SMOOTHER RIDE and maby alittle more travel, does anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking of maby a 4 link in the rear, is that even possible.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Anything is possible with enough money thrown at it....What is it you want from a lift?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sure you could do a 4 link. It would be pretty custom. Like chris said, what do YOU want out of your truck? do you play in the rocks,Mud, sand? a pavement pounder?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
stikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura aboutstikkimikki87 has a spectacular aura about

stikkimikki87's Tacoma Gallery
4 linked rear? no not really an option.

could do a long travel kit if you dont mind spending 8 grand. Otherwise some coilovers might help out your ride quality. OME coils would be somewhere in bewteen on the ride quality....honestly, spacers dont ride THAT bad. A lifted truck is NOT going to ride smooth so if its a big problem then maybe keeping it stock is a better option. A set of custom leafs for the back might give you a smoother rider, but id expect to pay at least $600 for them.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
R DENOS is on a distinguished road
R DENOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Welcome to TW!
Anything is possible with enough money thrown at it....What is it you want from a lift?
well i never tow anything and i am off road alot crawling up steap hills and there are alot of rocks also. Every time im out 4xing the taco gets thrown in 4 low with the rear diff lock on.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Yea for the rear you could add some deaver or alcan leafs. they run like $600.
Most people on here are using billstein 5100 shocks all around.
Just go look around in the suspension and lifs section. there is unlimited amounts of info in there.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/