Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help... SAWs rubbing on sway bar!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
jrloTACO is on a distinguished road
jrloTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Help... SAWs rubbing on sway bar!

hey gang... here's my dilemma. i just had SAWs coilovers installed. i noticed some squeaking so i looked underneath and on the driver's side (passenger side is fine), i found that the coil is butted right up against the sway bar. so i put some grease and that fixed the problem, no more squeaking.

but i figure the grease will rub away eventually, so i need a permanent fix. i'm thinking i need new sway bar end links.

anyone have any recommendations where i can get these?

oh, i have a 2009 TRD Sport 4x4 DC LB.

thanks all!
jason
Old 05-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Sweet I'll check them out. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya i noticed the same issue with my procomp kit. im just gonna relocate the sway bar.if i remember correctly the guys at icon told me id have to just forgot
Old 05-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i have saw's with the relocate kit and it rubs on drivers side, fixed yesterday by takeing the sway bar off, soo much better.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
this is what i ordered from toytec:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

hopefully this will resolve the issue.

bajamoon, i don't think removing the swaybar is a good idea, right? doesn't that detract from handling performance?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You'll get more body roll and sway during driving...but you CAN do it...It's personal preferance really...I wouldn't want to drive a lifted truck without one....but people do ::shrug::
hey brunes have tried it, i waited a long time before i took it off, tested it getting on the freeway on ramp and not that bad, my 05 f150 had more body roll.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
hey brunes have tried it, i waited a long time before i took it off, tested it getting on the freeway on ramp and not that bad, my 05 f150 had more body roll.
Some people like the softer feel. I have a scion tC in my drive way too...and that thing feels like it's on rails compared to the truck...and I still want to install a strut tower bar in front, strut braces in back, and an upgraded sway bar kit. I REALLY like stick to the road.

It's a personal choice...I like them...but it's all about what you are comfortable with I guess...
Old 05-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya im not a big fan of the body roll.ordered the relocation kit from toytec. like 30 bucks all together. only problem is im at the station the next 3 days so i cant install it yet. guess good thing is that i wont have to drive while im at the station either.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
ya im not a big fan of the body roll.ordered the relocation kit from toytec. like 30 bucks all together. only problem is im at the station the next 3 days so i cant install it yet. guess good thing is that i wont have to drive while im at the station either.
the relocater kit did not help mine at all, it would still rub the coilover.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
do SAW still carry their replacement sway bar? i know when the c/o first came out they included a sway bar with the coilovers but then switched to the relocating kit later on
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
don't know, i have not seen it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
don't know, i have not seen it.
This is what came before the relocating kit

Old 05-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
ldanny is on a distinguished road
ldanny's Tacoma Gallery
i just got back from camburg and got the kit.. it was only $20. So if you are in Socal, just drop by there.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #17
got my sway bar relocater kit free with my coilovers, it is supposed to come with the kit, if i still have mine someone can have it, i might have tossed it.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any pictures or info on how the relocator goes on. pretty sure i know how its supposed to be just wanna make sure
Old 05-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
anyone have any pictures or info on how the relocator goes on. pretty sure i know how its supposed to be just wanna make sure
it will only fit one way, goes in the stock location you can't put it in backwards, i tried.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
fastprostreet is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
fastprostreet's Tacoma Gallery
I had this same problem with Sway a Ways rubbing the sway bar last summer when I installed them on my 2008. Everyone I talked to at Sway a Way acted like they never heard of the problem - yea right. I see they haven't redesigned their shock to eliminate the problem.

I fixed the problem by sending the Sway a Ways back and installing a set of 2.5" Icons. Problem solved.