Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sagging leaf spring 07 tacoma

Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
out_of_step is on a distinguished road
out_of_step's Tacoma Gallery
Sagging leaf spring 07 tacoma

I've got an 07 tacoma which the right rear leaf spring is sagging, i've seen this happen in older tacoma's, its barely noticable about 1/2" or more just enough to piss me off
when you jump up and down on the bumper you can tell that its weaker and travels farther, also makes a clunking noise which i believe may be the shock that failed prematurely do to the leaf spring, after work sometime this week I'm gonna remove the shock to see if the clunk goes away.
i have tried to go to the dealer and get the leaf spring TSB done but its got 47000 miles and is not covered
was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem on the newer tacoma's???
maybe if any one can recomend a 3" or so lift kit with coilovers that replaces the leaf springs rather than an add a leaf???
Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
call a spring shop and see about having them bake your current springs.
works sometimes, and is a cheaper route. curious, did you have the spring tsb done?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
out_of_step is on a distinguished road
out_of_step's Tacoma Gallery
no didn't get the TSB done because its not covered under warranty (47000mi) figured i would see if I can take the 1300$ that the TSB springs would cost and put it towards a small lift that replaces the springs