1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sagging leaf spring 07 tacoma

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by out_of_step, May 16, 2009.

1. May 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    out_of_step

out_of_step [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD V6 SR5
    I've got an 07 tacoma which the right rear leaf spring is sagging, i've seen this happen in older tacoma's, its barely noticable about 1/2" or more just enough to piss me off :mad:
    when you jump up and down on the bumper you can tell that its weaker and travels farther, also makes a clunking noise which i believe may be the shock that failed prematurely do to the leaf spring, after work sometime this week I'm gonna remove the shock to see if the clunk goes away.
    i have tried to go to the dealer and get the leaf spring TSB done but its got 47000 miles and is not covered
    was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem on the newer tacoma's???:confused:
    maybe if any one can recomend a 3" or so lift kit with coilovers that replaces the leaf springs rather than an add a leaf???

2. May 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There are tons. OME makes the Dakar leaf packs- Deaver also makes springs. There are others- you can mix and match them with any front lift....

3. May 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    call a spring shop and see about having them bake your current springs.
    works sometimes, and is a cheaper route. curious, did you have the spring tsb done?

4. May 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    out_of_step

out_of_step [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD V6 SR5
    no didn't get the TSB done because its not covered under warranty (47000mi) figured i would see if I can take the 1300$ that the TSB springs would cost and put it towards a small lift that replaces the springs

5. May 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I just dropped about 1600 total for an AAL, OME coils and shocks, upper control arms, and brake lines.

For another 150 or so you could get the Dakar leaf packs insted of the AAL...

Products Discussed in

To Top