Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Curious about lift

Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
austinmacry is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantryman
austinmacry's Tacoma Gallery
Curious about lift

I just got my first taco. Its a stock 2004 TRD Off-road with the double cab. I want to put a lift on it and I read the lift sticky in the forum but Im still a little lost. I want to use aal for the rear and not sure what I need for the front. Where would I find decent ones for the price? What is all that I need to do a complete 2 or 3 inch lift?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
I want to order a lift kit for my truck but Im a little lost.
I want to lift it about 2-3 inches. Im think of doing a add a leaf for the rear and coil-over for the front.

What else would I need to complete the lift kit? (ie. brake lines ect)

I was looking at a couple different ones and noticed that they normally are a 2.5 in the front and a 1.5 in the rear. Why is that?

Is there coilovers that arent adjustble? The only reason Im thinking of the is because I read a FAQ and they said the other types of lifts only provide 1 inch of downward movement.

Pls, let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmacry View Post
I want to order a lift kit for my truck but Im a little lost.
I want to lift it about 2-3 inches. Im think of doing a add a leaf for the rear and coil-over for the front.

What else would I need to complete the lift kit? (ie. brake lines ect)

I was looking at a couple different ones and noticed that they normally are a 2.5 in the front and a 1.5 in the rear. Why is that?

Is there coilovers that arent adjustble? The only reason Im thinking of the is because I read a FAQ and they said the other types of lifts only provide 1 inch of downward movement.

Pls, let me know. Thanks!
try the toytec ultimate lift kit. Comes with everything you need. You dont NEED longer brake lines. Its only if you want. I dont have those. Why do you want non-adjustable coilovers? If you want a 3" non adjustable look at the 3" OME lift kit from toytec.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Is there any need to have them adjustable? I just figured it was something extra that I dont need? Thought it was just another add-on that costs more money.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Some folks want adjustable coilovers so they can compensate if the lift sags at all or so they can do less than 3 full inches.

If you know you want 3 inches- Give wheelers offroad or toytec a call and price out hte OME shocks and coils for the front, OME shocks with an AAL or replacement leaf pack in the back.

Brake lines are a good idea. Upper Control Arms are also a good idea- Neither is required. You may find ourself in need of axle shims or a differential or carrier bearing drop if you get any vibrations or binding....but that is all case by case.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Some folks want adjustable coilovers so they can compensate if the lift sags at all or so they can do less than 3 full inches.

If you know you want 3 inches- Give wheelers offroad or toytec a call and price out hte OME shocks and coils for the front, OME shocks with an AAL or replacement leaf pack in the back.

Brake lines are a good idea. Upper Control Arms are also a good idea- Neither is required. You may find ourself in need of axle shims or a differential or carrier bearing drop if you get any vibrations or binding....but that is all case by case.
Thank you, that is a big help. To much studing on it and I started getting lost on all the items needed for lift. I must look into it some more to make sure i dont buy something i dont need and not buy something I need lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
def. get the diff drop if your 4x4. it saved my boots! and rear brake lines are a good idea. and also new rear shocks, everyone recomends bilstein 5100's or 5125's. I changed my rear to 5100's, and it was a huge difference, way better ride!

Yes, new UCA's are a good idea for allignment issues and a little more travel. I got them for the allignment issues I was having. Your allignment/caster, camber will always be off, and new UCA's will bring it back to spec. But there not a must need item!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Will the Ultimate Tacoma lift for 95.5-04 Tacoma by toytec work for everything I need. Minus the UCA's and brake lines. I believe it has the diff drop and an aal, rear shocks and coilover for the front. The rear needs no springs right?

Im sorry Im mechanical declined but Im trying to learn.
-thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmacry View Post
Will the Ultimate Tacoma lift for 95.5-04 Tacoma by toytec work for everything I need. Minus the UCA's and brake lines. I believe it has the diff drop and an aal, rear shocks and coilover for the front. The rear needs no springs right?

Im sorry Im mechanical declined but Im trying to learn.
-thanks
correct - rear has no coils
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
correct - rear has no coils
Alright! Just need to drop a grand now lol. Wow, I cant wait to get under it and start cranking away. A couple more months when I get home I get to have some real fun!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Theres alot of great places to wheel out in the springs. I'm guessing your at Ft. Carson I used to be right across the street at NORAD. I'm about to do the toytec ultimate lift prob in 2 weeks on my 09 I think its right choice for me but look around there are alot of lifts out there.