Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

thoughts on 3" toytec lift

Old 05-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
thoughts on 3" toytec lift

i was thinking about getting this OME suspension lift kit for my taco from toytec but i can't seem to find anyone who has the lift or any reviews on whether its a good lift or not. I'm looking for a lift that would work with mild off road and this one seemed ideal to me so let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
finally someone with this lift! lol what types of off roading do you put it through?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
I too have the OME lift w/ the OME shocks. Very happy w/ it. It was solid on the Silverado Trail run today.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
finally someone with this lift! lol what types of off roading do you put it through?
I havent done mud yet. But I have done some crazy hills and ruts. You can look at my pics. I got a few of some mild stuff. I dont take pics of the more hardcore stuff though because im too busy wheeling! lol
Old 05-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #7

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
sweet pics! that type of terrain is like the kind around here. would UCA's be needed at the same time i get my lift? or could they wait for another day
Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sweet pics! that type of terrain is like the kind around here. would UCA's be needed at the same time i get my lift? or could they wait for another day
I waited about 2 months to get mine. My tires didnt wear unevenly or anything.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Just put mine on this past Thursday, haven't gone offroad yet but I love it so far! It is just barely stiffer than stock, it leans less in turns and just feels better!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #11

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
I too have the OME lift w/ the OME shocks. Very happy w/ it. It was solid on the Silverado Trail run today.
dang it that makes me want to lift my truck even more! the trails around here shouldn't much of a challenge after me lift
Old 05-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
They CAN wait...but you will most likely have issues with alignment/wandering untli you do swap them out.
yea thats what I was worried about with waiting. But mine didnt wander at all. I could take my hands off the steering wheel on the freeway and It still drove straight. But you could tell it needed alignment because the steering wheel was slightly turned when driving straight. Nothing bad though.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #13

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
lol i'm still a newbie to these things..what exactly would new UCA's do for my truck offroad and on road?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #14

Quote:
lol i'm still a newbie to these things..what exactly would new UCA's do for my truck offroad and on road?
Make it totally super awesome! lol. It allows for a little more travel, makes a better ride, and corrects alignment issues. You can buy some light racing ones which i think are the cheapest, or total chaos or camburg which is medium priced, or icon which is oober expensive. I have total chaos which is very much liked here on the forums.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
The ball joint on the stock UCAs limits the adjustment that can be made to bring your alignment into spec...So you may have issues with side to side control and the shop will be able to get your numbers close...but not quite right.

Aftermarket UCAs have different types of joints and tend to allow the proper adjustment to be made fro alignment...They can also eliminate some issues with rubbing tires on the UCAs and they can increase travel distance.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #16

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
lol alrighty. i noticed alot of people have the TC uca's. would the light racing be good for off roading though? i'm just trying to get the facts straight for my first time..dont wanna end up paying for it in the end.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #17

Quote:
lol alrighty. i noticed alot of people have the TC uca's. would the light racing be good for off roading though? i'm just trying to get the facts straight for my first time..dont wanna end up paying for it in the end.
Light racing has had some issues with thiers in the past. But supposedly they have been solved. Its up to you. I think they would do fine, but I cant vouch for that.