Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilsteins finally arrived.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins finally arrived.

As you all know I was having some difficulty in getting my Bilstein 5100's delivered. I ordered them 2 weeks ago and they finally arrived. What a pretty sight they are. Here is my question. I currently have a 2.5" spacer lift on the front, should I leave it and just set the Bilsteins to a stock height or remove the spacer and set the Bilsteins to 2.5"?? How durable are they? I don't do a lot of off-roading but I do some. I would hate to ruin them and then have to put the spacers back on. Advice?? Oh, my truck doesn't seem to ride rougher with the spacers on, so that isn't an issue. I am strictly concerned with suspension longevity and use.

Maybe I should set them at 2.5" and leave the spacers too! I mean 5" would love awesome, right? I am kidding, that is too much lift for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
As you all know I was having some difficulty in getting my Bilstein 5100's delivered. I ordered them 2 weeks ago and they finally arrived. What a pretty sight they are. Here is my question. I currently have a 2.5" spacer lift on the front, should I leave it and just set the Bilsteins to a stock height or remove the spacer and set the Bilsteins to 2.5"?? How durable are they? I don't do a lot of off-roading but I do some. I would hate to ruin them and then have to put the spacers back on. Advice?? Oh, my truck doesn't seem to ride rougher with the spacers on, so that isn't an issue. I am strictly concerned with suspension longevity and use.

Maybe I should set them at 2.5" and leave the spacers too! I mean 5" would love awesome, right? I am kidding, that is too much lift for me.

u'd blow shit out oober quick...even if u could get the strut assembly back in there w/ both. i'd say set them at 2.5 and leave it at that