Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Coil Springs??

Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Coil Springs??

O.K. I don't know if this sound stupid or not but I was looking at the suspension on my truck and that is what popped into my head. Has anyone tried to put a mount on the rear of their truck for coil springs? Think of it. A set of OME's and 5100's on the FRONT and REAR!!! Would it work?? Hmmm. Of course, if this has already been hashed out please let me know. I am just curious but hell most of the time I have no idea what I am talking about.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
You dont have enough weight in the rear to need leaf springs plus coilovers.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
You dont have enough weight in the rear to need leaf springs plus coilovers.
I think he meant coils INSTEAD of leaf spring???
Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Really? I wonder how something like that would affect the ride quality?
So You mean coils AND the leaf packs???
Old 05-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont get it.... Maybe coilovers with no leaf springs?? Is that where he is going with this?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #11

Quote:
No, no. I mean remove the leaf pack and just use the coils and shocks.
You would need to make a link set up to stabalize the axel.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Really? I wonder how something like that would affect the ride quality?
Useing coils AND leafs would be like this, but not as plush:

Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
chris nice ride.
Yeah...Got it from MJP2's gallery.....Its his first Baja truck....
Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #18
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You would need to make a link set up to stabalize the axel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Ok then you need to go with a four link setup.
What is this link stuff you speak of? Is it the same "link" I hear around long travel talk?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #20
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Chevrolet used this system for years....I had them on my 72 1/2 ton truck and the ride was amazing. Dodge just went to coils for the rear on some of their trucks and I'm told the ride is fantastic.
As far as links, you would need long trailing arms angled inward and a tracking bar that mounts from rear to frame.

Motoretro