Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRD suspension

Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
TRD suspension

What is the "name" for the TRD Billys? I have yet to figure that out. Some have said their 4600s.....

and does anyone know what these tabs are for?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure that they are just standard HD bilstein shocks.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I call them "Junk".....but thats just me...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
the tabs are for motion sensors--to let you know when your moving
Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Oh, aren't we the witty one tonight??
Sorry..I just think they are valved poorly, and they are the same shock as the OEM Tokicos, just with "speed sensative" dampening, and they heat up and fade after 4 miles off raod in any heat above 90*, and Toyota advertises them as an "Upgrade".
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
That is why I bought my Bilstein 5100's.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Sorry..I just think they are valved poorly, and they are the same shock as the OEM Tokicos, just with "speed sensative" dampening, and they heat up and fade after 4 miles off raod in any heat above 90*, and Toyota advertises them as an "Upgrade".
So does this mean you aren't going to be interested when I sell mine??
Old 05-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So does this mean you aren't going to be interested when I sell mine??
LOL....No.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I know there crappy shocks. They cannot handle my offroading skillz.
5100s in front. AAL in the rear (this summer) I will be set...... along with new rubber

No one knows what the tabs are for?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Oh I know there crappy shocks. They cannot handle my offroading skillz.
5100s in front. AAL in the rear (this summer) I will be set...... along with new rubber

No one knows what the tabs are for?
Im gonna guess that pic is your skid plate? The tabs are for the aluminum plate, I think.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im gonna guess that pic is your skid plate? The tabs are for the aluminum plate, I think.
Yes it is. Aluminum plate? the TRD skid?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Yes it is. Aluminum plate? the TRD skid?
Yep.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep.
I thought you had to remove the stock skid to put on the TRD skid........ guess not
Old 05-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #18
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
The aluminum TRD skid is designed to go on top of the stock black steel skids.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok. Know it doesnt seem like it gives you alot of clearance
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it really cuts down on your ground clearance. Hit a washed out part of a dirt road going to fast and bent one of the bolts just took if off after that an never put it back on.