Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Damned squeaky leafs again!!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Damned squeaky leafs again!!

I posted a few weeks ago about my leaf pack squeaking. You all suggested driving through some water. Which worked for a bit. When I put my AAL's on, I greased the shit out of the hole thing but it is at it again. I tried hosing it out at the car wash, no luck, so I sprayed it with WD 40, no luck. I am frustrated as hell. It seems to come from the mounting bolts on either end. Any suggestions other than setting it on fire??
Old 05-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
loosen the lounting bolts a tad and spray down between them and the leafs with somewhite lithium grease or some type dry moly lube then tighten them back up. wd-40 isnt too good to use,cause it attracts dirt and dust.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the bolts that attach the leafs to the truck are torqued properly. I believe there is a bushing in there that will not work properly unless it is torqued to spec. When it is torqued to spec, it prevents the squeeking and other noises coming from that area.

This just recently happened with my truck. It was pretty loud too. The probably was the front bolt on the drivers side leaf wasn't as tight as it should be.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I get the squeaking every few months. I finally pin pointed the exact point where the squeak comes from.

Shove a large screwdriver between the top leaf and the second one down. Pry them about 1/8 inch apart. Spray some silicone lube right on the pad. It works perfectly for me.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh I do the same with the leafs, another good way to spread the leafs is to jack up the back of the truck by its frame, and let the axle hang, it will stretch the leafs out enough that you can spray in between where it squeaks!