Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Putting a lift kit on my 02

Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
White-Lightning is on a distinguished road

White-Lightning's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to White-Lightning
Putting a lift kit on my 02

i am browsing the internet for lift kits and there is all kinds of parts i see of blocks and leaf springs, can someone please tell me everything that i will need to get a good 3" suspension..i'd prefer procomp i heard theyre pretty good. but either way i just want to know the most basic way with everything i need except like new springs for the front and things.just mostly what i need to lift it..Thank You
Old 05-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
What's your budget? Why are you getting a lift? Looks? Off-road? Mudding?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #3

I want the lift kit for mainly looks, but i will be doing some hunting in the winter with it..and anything below 500 is good..a link or whatever if a complete kit would be good..
Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
If $500 is your budget then get spacers for the front and maybe shackles in the rear. You won't get much for $500. Take a look over at http://www.toyteclifts.com and see what they offer.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #5

what about this kit right here,is that all i would need to order to lift my truck???
http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...C3-AL-1000.jpg
Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
yea white lighting thats all you need that kit has 3" spacers for the front and AAL's in the rear with replacement rear shocks
Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #7

thanks man
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
pm me when you get it so i can see how it looks im going to be getting also the toytec ultimate lift for my 03 prerunner soon
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget about the diff. drop kit!!!
It might come with it.

and just to let you know... the spacer lift will be a bit harsh/stiff
But a good budget lift.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #10

What will be harsh about it, and whats the diff. drop ur talking about??and is it being stiff a bad thing if im on pavement 10months of the year. im going to be hunting december through january about every other day.so what you think?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Diff. drop kit, is just a 1" spacer that you put in to lower your front differential. To lessen the stress on your CV's.
and I had a spacer lift before, and didnt like the ride.(onroad) I dont do much offroad either. I felt every little bump in the road with my spacers. So the only thing you can do, is to try out the spacers to see if you like them. But with going offroad, its not going to be smooth, like coilovers or bilstein/OME lifts would be.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WIth the budget you have, I recomend getting the Bilstien 5100's and set the fronts to 2.5" lift. Then, An AAL for the rear, along with 5100 shocks. Getting longer shackles is going to cause the rear end to inload under hard brakeing on the street, and could lead to instability. Blocks increase axel wrap. An AAL may make the ride more firm, but, IMHO, its the better lift. Also, Top Plate spacers will increase the wear on your upper ball joints, and possibly lead to breakage of your shocks if off road.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by White-Lightning View Post
what about this kit right here,is that all i would need to order to lift my truck???
http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...C3-AL-1000.jpg
The lift in this link is a very cheap lift. Pro Comp shocks are junk. The spacers are going to affect the ride and make it pretty stiff. Also, keep in mind the factory OEM shocks are only designed to dampen the OEM spring rate. Increaseing the spring rate via a lift will cause poor ride quality.