Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New 1.25" Camburg UCA versus Older versus TC

Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Air Force: Active Duty AF physician
Name: Shane
Dr. Sleep's Tacoma Gallery
New 1.25" Camburg UCA versus Older versus TC

I'm looking for anyone who has installed the newer Camburg UCAs with the 1.25" uniball.

Quick questions:

1. Do you know the length of the arm from mount to uniball cup (older design had about 7" whereas TC had 6.5")? Any change?

2. If you have taken the vehicle to an alignment shop, was alignment a challenge (to factory settings)?

3. What made you choose the newer Camburg UCAs over the TC?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
My order of these should be coming in anyday and I hope to have them installed next week. If you dont get a response I can update you next week.

I ordered the whole CO setup. UCAs, and deavers/5100s for the back.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
My order of these should be coming in anyday and I hope to have them installed next week. If you dont get a response I can update you next week.

I ordered the whole CO setup. UCAs, and deavers/5100s for the back.
Thanks. I'd be especially interested if you could post a pic like the one attached. My guess is the Camburg UCAs still have this same measurement (7"), but some have suggested that at some point the welding jig at Camburg got misaligned and went from 6.5" to 7" and then back to 6.5" after they caught the error. I have no idea if there is any truth to this, but it would be nice to see a pic of their new UCA with the larger uniball, and recessed hardware with a tape measure up against it like in the pic to compare the old with the new.
Attached Thumbnails
New 1.25" Camburg UCA versus Older versus TC-camburg_long_uca.jpg  
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
1. i am not sure on arm length
2. my alignment is in specs my mechanic said it wasnt hart to get it \vs old stock arms
3.they bigger uniball was the reason i choose the uca's the only problem is if i dont use teflon lube the uniball dies out and starts sqeekin like heck but other than that no complaints tough as nails here is pic
Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
1. i am not sure on arm length
2. my alignment is in specs my mechanic said it wasnt hart to get it \vs old stock arms
3.they bigger uniball was the reason i choose the uca's the only problem is if i dont use teflon lube the uniball dies out and starts sqeekin like heck but other than that no complaints tough as nails here is pic
Thanks. How often do you have to apply that teflon lube? And where did you buy the teflon lube?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have always wondered why the Camburgs are so noisey. Everyone I know with TC's are nice and quiet.....
Old 05-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
cjag is on a distinguished road

cjag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have always wondered why the Camburgs are so noisey. Everyone I know with TC's are nice and quiet.....
We know your a TC guy but,
there are alot that complain of those as well
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=204018
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
they do squeak but you dont hear it as much.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjag View Post
We know your a TC guy but,
there are alot that complain of those as well
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=204018

Thanks for the link! I honestly havent heard of any makeing noise until I read that thread. Good to know!
Old 05-23-2009, 05:54 AM   #11
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. Sleep View Post
i'm looking for anyone who has installed the newer camburg ucas with the 1.25" uniball.

Quick questions:

1. Do you know the length of the arm from mount to uniball cup (older design had about 7" whereas tc had 6.5")? Any change?

no

2. If you have taken the vehicle to an alignment shop, was alignment a challenge (to factory settings)?

not a challenge

3. What made you choose the newer camburg ucas over the tc?

bigger uniball; less binding; better
Old 05-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
cjag is on a distinguished road

cjag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thanks for the link! I honestly havent heard of any makeing noise until I read that thread. Good to know!
No problem.