1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Tacoma 3" lift questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Stokes, May 24, 2009.

1. May 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM
    Stokes

Stokes [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma trd sport 4wd
    hi all. First post as part of this comunity. Won't be my last as I just bought an 09 4wd trd long bed today and I'm already wanting to throw a lift on it. I want to buy a 3 inch lift kit it but I want to make sure it won't void my extended warenty on the truck. When I asked the guys at toyota they said it won't as long as I don't change the angle of the stearing. Anyone run into this issue? Also... What's the best bang for my buck with a 3" kit as In durable, ease of instalation, ext. ext.... Also what effect will puting 32" tires on the truck have on the computer and how do I compensate? Thanks guys! Love this truck btw. Best 28k I ever spent!

2. May 24, 2009 at 1:32 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Hey man, congrats on the new truck and welcome to TW!
    the only ways lifting your truck will void the warranty is if the actual lift was the cause of the problem. i.e. they would have to prove it...

here is a link to one of the most popular brands used around here.
    the toytec ultimate lift is gonna be your best bang for the buck or the OME full package if you want something nice.
    For just the basic 3" lift you can go with the coil spacers in the front and add a leaf (AAL) in the rear.
    also check out this site too:

3. May 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM
    S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN Cpt. Bubbleguts

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD badged | Hunting Cage | Smoked Tails | LED Everything | Slim Cubby HID bi-xenon's | Spidertrax 1.25" | BHLM | FLM | S2000 Ant | 20% Shade | PL 8521 | OME 885 | Bilstein 5100's | Toytec 2" AAL | FN 18x9" Bronze BFD's | 275/65-18 Duratrac's | Wrinkle Red Valve Covers | 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Interior | Kode MB Push Button Ignition | Relentless Sliders | URD TCAI | Mr.Marv Enclosure | Arc Audio 10" | Hybrid Audio Clarus F/R | Alpine PDX-5 | Alpine INE-S920HD
    I'm a newbie too but so far the ideal route for me looks like Bilstein 5100's and AAL.

4. May 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089

Good choice Kidd :thumbsup:

5. May 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    im in the same pickle i want a lift but dont have much money and i need to convince it wont automaticaly void the warenty

6. May 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Magnusson Moss act

New Vehicle Warranties And Your Rights
    No aftermarket part or accessory that is properly installed on your vehicle will entirely void your original vehicle manufacturers warranty. According to the provisions in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act, It is the dealership's responsibility to prove that your modification directly caused or affected the failure you are trying to resolve. With that said, some dealerships are more performance-oriented than others and are more willing to work with customers.
    Warranty-related materials, published by the new vehicle manufacturers, state that the installation of aftermarket parts have no effect on the warranty unless such equipment causes the problem that leads to the warranty claim. Nonetheless, some dealers have improperly denied warranty claims even though the claim had nothing to do with aftermarket parts. I.E., just because you install an exhaust system, your suspension failure warranty claim cannot be denied. If you experience a problem with an uncooperative dealership, point out the provisions of the this "FEDERAL ACT". For more information call your vehicle manufacturer or click on the link above to go directly to the Federal Trade Commission's website to find out more about this law.

7. May 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I need to take my truck in here to the stealership to get it checked out. I think its leaking some kind of fluid under the engine block. They better not say anything about the warranty being void after they see everything I did to my truck!:rant:

Products Discussed in

To Top