Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

09 Tacoma 3" lift questions

Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Stokes is on a distinguished road
Stokes's Tacoma Gallery
09 Tacoma 3" lift questions

hi all. First post as part of this comunity. Won't be my last as I just bought an 09 4wd trd long bed today and I'm already wanting to throw a lift on it. I want to buy a 3 inch lift kit it but I want to make sure it won't void my extended warenty on the truck. When I asked the guys at toyota they said it won't as long as I don't change the angle of the stearing. Anyone run into this issue? Also... What's the best bang for my buck with a 3" kit as In durable, ease of instalation, ext. ext.... Also what effect will puting 32" tires on the truck have on the computer and how do I compensate? Thanks guys! Love this truck btw. Best 28k I ever spent!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, congrats on the new truck and welcome to TW!
the only ways lifting your truck will void the warranty is if the actual lift was the cause of the problem. i.e. they would have to prove it...

here is a link to one of the most popular brands used around here.
the toytec ultimate lift is gonna be your best bang for the buck or the OME full package if you want something nice.
For just the basic 3" lift you can go with the coil spacers in the front and add a leaf (AAL) in the rear.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...d=64&Itemid=72

also check out this site too:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
I'm a newbie too but so far the ideal route for me looks like Bilstein 5100's and AAL.

Good choice Kidd
Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
im in the same pickle i want a lift but dont have much money and i need to convince it wont automaticaly void the warenty
Old 05-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Magnusson Moss act
New Vehicle Warranties And Your Rights
No aftermarket part or accessory that is properly installed on your vehicle will entirely void your original vehicle manufacturers warranty. According to the provisions in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act, It is the dealership's responsibility to prove that your modification directly caused or affected the failure you are trying to resolve. With that said, some dealerships are more performance-oriented than others and are more willing to work with customers.
Warranty-related materials, published by the new vehicle manufacturers, state that the installation of aftermarket parts have no effect on the warranty unless such equipment causes the problem that leads to the warranty claim. Nonetheless, some dealers have improperly denied warranty claims even though the claim had nothing to do with aftermarket parts. I.E., just because you install an exhaust system, your suspension failure warranty claim cannot be denied. If you experience a problem with an uncooperative dealership, point out the provisions of the this "FEDERAL ACT". For more information call your vehicle manufacturer or click on the link above to go directly to the Federal Trade Commission's website to find out more about this law.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I need to take my truck in here to the stealership to get it checked out. I think its leaking some kind of fluid under the engine block. They better not say anything about the warranty being void after they see everything I did to my truck!