Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels

Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #21
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozjan40 View Post
Sweet man. Thats good to know. Gave me a little re assurance on the whole thing. How does it feel on the road?
Feels great on the road! Quite a bit stiffer then when it was stock but I like that better!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
phozjan40 is on a distinguished road

phozjan40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Feels great on the road! Quite a bit stiffer then when it was stock but I like that better!
Yeah thats always better! All this talk about it makes me wish my parts got here today! When they do the 6", the suspension settings are still maintined, correct? or something like that?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #23
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozjan40 View Post
Yeah thats always better! All this talk about it makes me wish my parts got here today! When they do the 6", the suspension settings are still maintined, correct? or something like that?
Umm, I'm sure they should be. I only got a 3" lift so I'm not to familiar with the 6"s.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Are you gonna hack your body mounts to fit the 35's phozjan?
As far as I know, yeah. Im having 4wp do the install because I have no idea how to install a lift on my truck. So Im assuming they will do everything that needs to be done? Hopefully. Haha

Are you running 6" with 35's?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Well, that isn't apart of the lift... that's actually another mod that's totally separate that comes along with 35" tires. I ended up just doing it myself cause no off road shops wanted the liability if something were to happen in an accident, plus i saved money. The 35's will severely rub on your body mounts which is on the inner fender closest to the front door. (just if you've never looked.) You won't be able to turn very much. So what some people do is hack them back and plate them to gain extra clearance.
That makes sense...well I guess Ill have some work to do once I get the truck back! How long did it take you to cut them?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Like an hour w/ using caution to get them straight. you can just use a sawzall
alright...gotta go buy some new blades since all mine are dulled down from other projects. how do you like the lift/tire combo so far? problems?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #27

I bought the basic kit because I didnt have enough money for the dirt logic kit. Im sellingmy car so I have to get the truck done now, or else I wont be ale to get anywhere haha. What kit do you have?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Same here, I also have the basic. I added some bilstein 5100's in the front though to raise it a bit more.
Nice! Well your truck is looking good man. I like the looks of the 2dr with lift. Actually, I think everybody does haha. Im hoping that mine will look good. DC LB so itll be big
I just de badged mine last night so its ready for the rest of my mods
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #29

Update: I went to 4wp on Friday to talk about when my order would be here, and I am dropping my truck off on Tuesday. So I should have it back by Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning
Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #30

Just picked my truck up from 4wp this morning! I am so happy with the set up! I took a few pics with my cell phone because I couldnt find my usb cord for my camera...but at least youll see what it looks like! let me know what you guys think. I blacked out my taillights last week too, so it looks clean
Attached Thumbnails
Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels-number-1.jpg   Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels-number-2.jpg   Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels-number-3.jpg   Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels-number-4.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #31
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man. I will be getting the exact same lift next friday the 12th. although i will be running 33s. Congrats on the lift hope mine looks just as sweet. Pics never do a lift to much justice i think. its always better in person.

On another note, if i wanted to run 37s some day what would i have to do to make that work...would just cutting around clear me enough? how did those Icelanders do that. I promise i'm not trying to high jack the thread The icelander thread never answered the question. the tires on this pic are 37s and i can pretty much get ones that have been deemed "bad" for free from work. they are not bad really so i am gonna start stocking up for the future. they are actually 325/85/16
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #32

Thanks man. Youre right about the pictures doing injustice, definitely looks better in person!As far as running 37s with a 6, I dont think it will work. Unless you do a body lift on top of it. Thats just what Ive heard though! I have 35s and when i turn sharply around corners, they rub a bit. But not much.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #33
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
good to know. i figured as much though. i will be running spidertrax spacers with my tires. that should help a bit but will still need the body lift i figure.