1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by phozjan40, May 24, 2009.

1. May 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Feels great on the road! Quite a bit stiffer then when it was stock but I like that better!;)

2. May 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Lift,35" Pro Comp A/T,17x5 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys,Debadged Blacked out Tail/Third Brake Lights,2 Westin Quartz Halogen Driving Lamps with custom switch
    Yeah thats always better! All this talk about it makes me wish my parts got here today! When they do the 6", the suspension settings are still maintined, correct? or something like that?:confused:

3. May 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Umm, I'm sure they should be.:cool: I only got a 3" lift so I'm not to familiar with the 6"s.:rolleyes:

4. May 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Lift,35" Pro Comp A/T,17x5 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys,Debadged Blacked out Tail/Third Brake Lights,2 Westin Quartz Halogen Driving Lamps with custom switch
    As far as I know, yeah. Im having 4wp do the install because I have no idea how to install a lift on my truck. So Im assuming they will do everything that needs to be done? Hopefully. Haha :rolleyes:

Are you running 6" with 35's?

5. May 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    That makes sense...well I guess Ill have some work to do once I get the truck back! How long did it take you to cut them?

6. May 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    alright...gotta go buy some new blades since all mine are dulled down from other projects. how do you like the lift/tire combo so far? problems?

7. May 26, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    I bought the basic kit because I didnt have enough money for the dirt logic kit. Im sellingmy car so I have to get the truck done now, or else I wont be ale to get anywhere haha. What kit do you have?

8. May 26, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    Nice! Well your truck is looking good man. I like the looks of the 2dr with lift. Actually, I think everybody does haha. Im hoping that mine will look good. DC LB so itll be big :D
    I just de badged mine last night so its ready for the rest of my mods :cool:

9. May 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    Update: I went to 4wp on Friday to talk about when my order would be here, and I am dropping my truck off on Tuesday. So I should have it back by Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning :D

10. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    Just picked my truck up from 4wp this morning! I am so happy with the set up! I took a few pics with my cell phone because I couldnt find my usb cord for my camera...but at least youll see what it looks like! let me know what you guys think. I blacked out my taillights last week too, so it looks clean

Number 1.jpg
    Number 2.jpg
    Number 3.jpg
    Number 4.jpg

11. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Looks awesome man. I will be getting the exact same lift next friday the 12th. although i will be running 33s. Congrats on the lift hope mine looks just as sweet. Pics never do a lift to much justice i think. its always better in person.

On another note, if i wanted to run 37s some day what would i have to do to make that work...would just cutting around clear me enough? how did those Icelanders do that. I promise i'm not trying to high jack the thread :) The icelander thread never answered the question. the tires on this pic are 37s and i can pretty much get ones that have been deemed "bad" for free from work. they are not bad really so i am gonna start stocking up for the future. they are actually 325/85/16

12. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:41 PM
    phozjan40

phozjan40 [OP] Member

Member:
    Snohomish
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    Thanks man. Youre right about the pictures doing injustice, definitely looks better in person!As far as running 37s with a 6, I dont think it will work. Unless you do a body lift on top of it. Thats just what Ive heard though! I have 35s and when i turn sharply around corners, they rub a bit. But not much.

13. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    good to know. i figured as much though. i will be running spidertrax spacers with my tires. that should help a bit but will still need the body lift i figure.

Products Discussed in

To Top