Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels

Old 05-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
phozjan40 is on a distinguished road

phozjan40's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my lift, tires, wheels

I just ordered my Fab Tech 6" lift, Pro Comp All Terrain 35x17's, and Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 1059's on Tuesday! ALOT OF MONEY, but it will be worth it. Im going to post pictures once its finished. Its a black 05 trd sport, dbl cab long bed. Might look different from what people are used to seeing, but i think it look awesome

What do you guys think of this set up?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
thats gonna look awesome, DC LBs look so much better with a lift and bigger tires.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Its going to look sweet!!! I'm glad you went with a 6"! 6 inchs look way better on a long bed then a short bed in IMO. Who is doing the install?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

I agree. Definitely makes the truck look better. I was thinking of going with a leveling kit, but it just didnt seem like it would look as good as the 6 would
Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #6

haha yeah i am broke now because of that order. 4 wheel parts is going to do the install since i dont have any of the tools to do it myself. i could do the tires and wheels but i figure they should do it since its already there. anybody have experience with them doing installs?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozjan40 View Post
haha yeah i am broke now because of that order. 4 wheel parts is going to do the install since i dont have any of the tools to do it myself. i could do the tires and wheels but i figure they should do it since its already there. anybody have experience with them doing installs?
Ummm I tried calling them to install my lift from toytec but they said since they were not familiar with the toytec company and the fact that they did not sell the product, they would not do the install for me. Luckily I knew a guy that had a friend that owned a tire shop that specializes in lifts so he did it for me.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #8

Sweet man. How long was the install? They told me its going to be about 2 days before I can have the truck back. Ive never been away from it for that long haha two days isnt bad though
Old 05-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
how much are they charging you in labor costs for the install?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #10

labor for the lift, tires and wheels is 600 plus tax
Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Sweet man. How long was the install? They told me its going to be about 2 days before I can have the truck back. Ive never been away from it for that long haha two days isnt bad though
I've heard nothing but horror stories about 4WP...Enuf that I'm never going to look for anything from them labor or parts wise. You might be fine tho.

I can see it being a 2 days job for a shop...There is cutting involved with 6in kits and they have to do all the set up/build up for the parts, install, and test along with any other jobs they might be working on
Old 05-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #12

oh man, hopefully mine wont be a horror story haha. i was reading up on all the cutting that has to be done, but i dont think it will be bad for the truck? sorry im fairly new to the truck world. i was into lowering when i was younger, so im still learning about lift and everything
Old 05-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh man, hopefully mine wont be a horror story haha. i was reading up on all the cutting that has to be done, but i dont think it will be bad for the truck? sorry im fairly new to the truck world. i was into lowering when i was younger, so im still learning about lift and everything
Naw dude- It's not bad for the truck. You'd have to have replacement parts welded into the frame if you want to take the 6 inch lift out...but that's just silly. They wouldn't sell a kit that made the truck dangerous.

I can't wait to see it. The 6 inch kits aren't super helpful for offroading cause they don't really afford much more ground clearance...but they look friggin sweet on a DC.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #14

I see. thanks for the info! Would it be unwise to add a block lift in the future? I heard they can crack easily and wear out the springs.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #15

but i most likely wont do it, just because its going to be more money and i dont want it to look too high. unless i decide to put 37's on with the block lift. so many decisions, not enough money haha
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
As I understand block lifts they can crack and slip out place at most in-opportune times. They can make it a rough ride too- On the street probably not a huge deal. Any sort of suspension stress (like offroad) can be very bad.
Building a "complete" height by stacking lifts can be problematic. You'll end up running out of driveline compliance and have issues with binding and part damage.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Mine took about a full day to do. They installed 4 new shocks, coil springs up front, AAL's in the rear, TC UCA's, then mounted my aftermarket wheels with new tires and finished it up with an alignment. They did a really good job on the install! Never had any issues so far, knock on wood.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

X2. I think you should just leave it at the 6" mark. You will be very pleased once you get the truck back and be like, WTF, 6" is high enough!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
As I understand block lifts they can crack and slip out place at most in-opportune times. They can make it a rough ride too- On the street probably not a huge deal. Any sort of suspension stress (like offroad) can be very bad.
Building a "complete" height by stacking lifts can be problematic. You'll end up running out of driveline compliance and have issues with binding and part damage.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Jazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura aboutJazzfan has a spectacular aura about

Jazzfan's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, you'll love the 6"!! I love mine. I just went back to 33's instead of the 35's. Rubbed just a little to much when hard wheeling. Good luck and post those picks when its all done....
Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Mine took about a full day to do. They installed 4 new shocks, coil springs up front, AAL's in the rear, TC UCA's, then mounted my aftermarket wheels with new tires and finished it up with an alignment. They did a really good job on the install! Never had any issues so far, knock on wood.

Sweet man. Thats good to know. Gave me a little re assurance on the whole thing. How does it feel on the road?