Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension lift for 08 tacoma

Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
GSXR-TACO is on a distinguished road
GSXR-TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension lift for 08 tacoma

I purchased a 2008 standard cab 4x4 tacoma about a year ago new and recently started off road more and wanted to purchase a high quality suspension lift for it and was wondering about the ride difference between the 3 inch and 6 inch. If anyone could please help me i would appreciate it.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Others will have to chime in for the 6" lifts but to get a quality ride, you need a set of coilovers for the front, and an AAL in the rear
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
The 6 inch lift is mainly for the street. It rides like stock for the most part, slightly stiffer, especially in the rear. I wheel my drop bracket lift, but if you strictly want off road performance I'd keep it at 3" w/ some good coilovers.
Agree totally. Very rarely will you ever need anything more than a 3" can provide.